round 2 with doctor rahal!- the touch up procedure

azza786

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys,

just to let you know that i have now decided on my post op regiments and they are as follows:

starting from next week:

MSM

SILICA TABLETS

after 1 months post OP:

NIOXIN SHAMPOO

[ROGAINE 5% ( TO RECEPIENT AT NIGHT TIMES)- STILL NEED TO DECIDE BETWEEN FOAM OR LIQUID- ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT]- still undecided so need to strongly consider even though dr recommends it.

i am already on proscar 1.25mg eod

so all in all im giving this MPB a good fight

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Azza- Like PGP said, the foam is a lot less irritating than the liquid. I used to use the liquid and when it would drip down my forehead I would wipe it off immediately and it would leave a red stread on my forehead. I like the foam in terms of ease of application and not too irritating for the sensitive/healing recipient area.

There is a thread discussing the difference in ingredients between the foam and liquid which may be a good read for you: http://hair-restoration-info.c...861/m/1651054193/p/1

Per Rahal's instructions I have been using since the 2-week post op. The rogaine probably has led to my recipient area being drier than normal due to using it twice a day. I hope it helps and will do anything to help promote faster growth as I am sure you would like to do as well.

Heal well

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

ye indeed eman..early growth would be nice...

im going to delat my start like i said after 1 month..this way i will be completely at ease that everything has pretty much healed and that i got absilutely nothing to worry about..i know im all good now but when i start using rogaine i would also start to you use a stronger shampoo such as revita or nioxin so that whilst im helping in increasing the blood flow, i am also keeping my scalp in good condition.

other than that i will be using MSM and proscar that will also play their parts so all in all i will have a good start.

az

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

i just wanted to ask about shockloss,

usly shockloss is referred to native hair in the surrondings of the transplanted hairs that can fall off as well as the transplanted hairs themselves.

my question is that with the relative small number of grafts i have recieved and the fact that they have been implanted between transplanted hairs from last session and bare areas, does this minimize the chances of shockloss for me as to be honest i am 3 weeks post OP and i cant see any substantial evidence of facing shockloss just yet.

thanks

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

its been 1 month now since post op HT2. as for progress, obviously its far to early to comment. interms of shockloss, i really dont know to be honest what parts have shocked or not...im relatively unclear at this point. with the combination of short implanted hairs, short native hairs, its hard to see.

i must say though that relatively throughout, there are stubbles but who knows what could happen next.

az

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

I hear you azza. It is hard to really tell about shockloss until the native hair or original transplanted hair grows back. Native hair should begin to come back again once you hit the second or third month or so.

I think that I have some shockloss in the forelock and on the upper sides of the scar. Not too worried though and either should you.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Azza,

Big congrats for your second HT, for sure you cannot wait to see the result in the new year. Your certainly giving this a good fight. Best of luck with all.

Im currently working in a date with Dr Rahal for maybe 9 months time, just wish it was sooner, and also from the UK, with only a few years on you, so you case is real interesting for me.

Credit to Dr, Rahal and his team for inviting you over for your second HT to improve you situation and I really hope that everybody turns out happy, especially you. Im sure you will. Best of luck!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Azza,

Just to ask a couple of questions regarding your case if you dont mind.

Presumably it was your decision to spread the initial 3600 grafts over a larger area of your scalp, is this correct?

If so, why was only 3600 grafts used. Obviously the amount of grafts is more dictated by characteristic rather than just chosen, and I realise the caution due to your age, but what was the motivating reason behind this number?

Cant quite make out eactly from the pre HT1 pics, did the work go as far back into the crown but not quite covering all?

Any other information or comments regarding these questions would be much welcomed.

Thanks man!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

raphael,

the initial aim was 3500. what the dr does it take out the strip for 3500 grafts but as you can make out, due to characteristics, density, laxity factors, it is possible to yield higher (or lower) graft count.

we didnt say we wanted 3600 grafts, its just the way it turned out based on my personal characteristics. dr rahal took out the strip for a normal 3500 graft but found that we got 106 more than expected!

its the case with anyone else. take dedom for example, they aimed for 2000 grafts, took out the strip for that as well but found that they ended up with 557 extra grafts!

you cant just say that we want an X number of grafts and get that, its more a case of X number of graft +/-. the +/- is determined by the patients characteristics.

as for my first procedure, we started from the hairline and went all the way to the border of the vertex/crown. we started with higher denisty at the front and reduced it as we went back as the priamry aime was to establish a hairline and get some covergae/ density on top.

hope this helps!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Originally posted by azza786:

raphael,

the initial aim was 3500. what the dr does it take out the strip for 3500 grafts but as you can make out, due to characteristics, density, laxity factors, it is possible to yield higher (or lower) graft count.

we didnt say we wanted 3600 grafts, its just the way it turned out based on my personal characteristics. dr rahal took out the strip for a normal 3500 graft but found that we got 106 more than expected!

its the case with anyone else. take dedom for example, they aimed for 2000 grafts, took out the strip for that as well but found that they ended up with 557 extra grafts!

the quote you get from doctors in consulatations is what they believe will give you the result you want, if not 100% then atleast 95-99%. yielding extra or lower grafts is based on what you bring to them.

you cant just say that we want an X number of grafts and get that, its more a case of X number of graft +/-. the +/- is determined by the patients characteristics.

as for my first procedure, we started from the hairline and went all the way to the border of the vertex/crown. we started with higher denisty at the front and reduced it as we went back as the priamry aime was to establish a hairline and get some covergae/ density on top.

hope this helps!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 5 weeks later...

hello comrades,

i have updated my weblog at the 2 month mark. all detail can be found there as to how i feel at this point in time about the progress.

thanks

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

thanks guys,

Bill, how i would love to say you are right but i have had my fair share of shockloss, not to a great extent but to a fair extent. hope things just keep getting better!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Looks great azza, we are both same age on 2nd procedure but 1 month apart!

So happy growing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

yup - so why the hestitation to put it in yours? icon_wink.gif the quote that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

thanks eman- veteren..lol..i'd never thought i would hear this so early in my life lol.

mike- i got no hesitation but you are doing a good job. keep the flag up for us under 25's icon_biggrin.gif

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 5 weeks later...

i have reached (yet again!) the first phase at 3 months. there is not much to report other than that its a mess up there with native hair growing back, some shocklossed hair yet to grow, a few hundred implanted hairs growing and some shocklossed hair growing back.

even for a veteren (as eman puts it lol), the waiting game is never nice to face. i guess i have to just wait and watch.

thanks

az!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website