Bernstein or Feller

Guys, I'm just looking for something that I should consider or look for when I consult with these remarkable doctors. I have read some great things and have viewed some great work from both. I'm just asking for some other opinions.

Hi

You may also want to consult Dr. True who is in NY as well. He is a member of the coalition as well and has performed 2 procedures on me.. I am very satisfied and will be having 1 more ( the final) procedure

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by rjvw:

Guys, I'm just looking for something that I should consider or look for when I consult with these remarkable doctors. I have read some great things and have viewed some great work from both. I'm just asking for some other opinions.

There's a fairly standard list of questions that any newcomer should ask an HT doctor but the questions would be pretty redundant with these two particular doctors because the answers would be the same or very similar. Meaning they're both going to deliver a state of the art strip transplant in terms of the technical aspects (microscopic dissection, small instruments, correct incision depth and angles, proper closure for the donor, and so on and so forth).

So how you pick one over the other really depends on your individual needs and how closely each doctor can meet those needs and/or how willing they are to meet those needs. One doc might have a more conservative philosophy than the other. One might think a certain hairline design looks right given your age and facial features, while the other might have a different idea. Also, you'll have a different rapport with each doc and you might get a better vibe with one vs. the other. Best to meet them both, talk about your needs and expectations, and go back for another visit if you have to.

Good luck!

Spoon is correct. That is excellent advice. As you have already stated, both doctors are excellent. There are subtle differences in their approach that you might consider. Look for differences in hairline placement and design, procedure size in terms of number of grafts and density of placement.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Not to add more confusion to your decision, but there is also Dr. Epstein and Dr. Rose now performing procedures in New York City. You really have an excellent group of docs in New York City from which to choose. Take your time with your consults and research and find the doctor who is right for you.

Why are you limiting yourself to the New York area. There are great Dr's all over the country. I live in the Buffalo, NY area and traveled to Vancouver for my latest procedure. I had a prior procedure in 1997 with Dr. Bernstein.

Plugvet, I'm just starting my new quest and being from Philly these two fine doctors were my best choice to interview. Both are listed on this site and come very highly recommended. I met with Feller today and liked what he said. Honest and straight forward. I was shown the differences between just Ok and truly great work. Seeing is believing.

That's great. Bernstein and Feller are both good Doctors from what I've seen. Take your time and make an informed decision as your ultimate decision and results will be with you for life.

You will likely want another procedure. Better to stick with the same doctor.

Feller offers the fine detail (with F.U.E.) as well as the broad strokes that many other good docs provide. IMO, you can't do better than Feller. icon_cool.gif