Scar revsion or FUE

Im new to the board but I have had three transplants in the past 5 years. I had my last procedure of 2600 grafts 4 months ago. The scar is about 2cm in the middle but has streched to 4cm on the edges of the scalp. It doesnt look horrible but I wanted to see if anyone has had this experience also and what was done to correct it. I was considering grafting into the scar after it has healed in a few months. Would I be better grafting into the scar or going for a scar revision to reduce the size of the scar first? My scalp is still pretty tight from the last surgery. I dont know how much laxtisity I have left after three surgeries I am going to consult with a couple of doctors for an opinion. I just wanted to see if anyone has delt with this personally. Thank you for your input.

Im new to the board but I have had three transplants in the past 5 years. I had my last procedure of 2600 grafts 4 months ago. The scar is about 2cm in the middle but has streched to 4cm on the edges of the scalp. It doesnt look horrible but I wanted to see if anyone has had this experience also and what was done to correct it. I was considering grafting into the scar after it has healed in a few months. Would I be better grafting into the scar or going for a scar revision to reduce the size of the scar first? My scalp is still pretty tight from the last surgery. I dont know how much laxtisity I have left after three surgeries I am going to consult with a couple of doctors for an opinion. I just wanted to see if anyone has delt with this personally. Thank you for your input.

well you certainly wouldn't want to put fue into the scar and then get a scar revision. You might consider doing it the other way around?

It's probably a good idea to discuss with a doc and get your laxity checked and go over your preferences.

Scar revision could be idea if you also want to achieve more hair for your balding head.

MJHERO

4 CM??? that is almost 2 inches. Can you clarify that you don't mean millimeters?

That is a real problem and very difficult to revise without tissue expansion.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The edges of the scalp seem to be the most vurnerable to stretch.

I had a revision a year ago that really made a big difference and it produced 300 grafts .

I then just had fue earlier this month into that scar to really try and break it up.

I also have had 3 surgeries so I know how you feel.

I would go for revision first but if there no laxity youll just stretch again possibly even more.

Bottomline go in got consult with a TOP doctor.

Im sorry it is mm. My surgeon said a reduction can reduce it to 2mm and would be easier to put grafts in a smaller scar. Im not real excited about gettting cut on again if it will not make that big of a difference since I am going to graft hair into the scar either way.