Having difficulty sleeping.

backnats

Before my strip scar/surgery, sleeping wasn't as hard...it came quite naturally/easily to me. Yes I would be concerned about my hair falling off, but I would sleep eventually. Now when I try to sleep, the feeling of my painful donor scar/region prevents me from laying back without being bothered night after night. I rest my head on my pillow but have difficulty falling asleep because of my weird feeling head now. It is weird indeed. I also can't sleep because when I toss and turn my head at night, my scar may be exposed if someone were to come in unexpectedly. Isn't this a prison? To be free from my scar, from my weird pain/sensation would be all I want. The hair can go, but I want my head again. And to think I paid thousands for this pain/annoyance...unbelievable. Also I don't go swimming anymore because I know my scar is very visable when my hair is wet. How sad, how very sad. These are the reasons I want my head again. Let the hair go, but give me my head/sanity/freedom. Depression/irritation in this area has caused me to not be my happy/relaxed self. I feel more colder than pre-strip scarred. I want MY head again.

Let it Grow.

Let it Grow.

Before my strip scar/surgery, sleeping wasn't as hard...it came quite naturally/easily to me. Yes I would be concerned about my hair falling off, but I would sleep eventually. Now when I try to sleep, the feeling of my painful donor scar/region prevents me from laying back without being bothered night after night. I rest my head on my pillow but have difficulty falling asleep because of my weird feeling head now. It is weird indeed. I also can't sleep because when I toss and turn my head at night, my scar may be exposed if someone were to come in unexpectedly. Isn't this a prison? To be free from my scar, from my weird pain/sensation would be all I want. The hair can go, but I want my head again. And to think I paid thousands for this pain/annoyance...unbelievable. Also I don't go swimming anymore because I know my scar is very visable when my hair is wet. How sad, how very sad. These are the reasons I want my head again. Let the hair go, but give me my head/sanity/freedom. Depression/irritation in this area has caused me to not be my happy/relaxed self. I feel more colder than pre-strip scarred. I want MY head again.

Let it Grow.

Let it Grow.

i know how u feel

there is something u can do for people coming into your room and bothering you about ur head. LOCK THE DOOR !

As for the eeerie feeling of lying back, i know how u feel! same with me, but it passed after two weeks or so.

but you cant ever relax can ya, with the feeling u may dislodge the grafts.

Backnats...I must have missed it somewhere along the way. How far post-HT are you again? The sensation is a bit odd and takes some adjusting. It's similar to other scar feelings in joint areas (to me). If you're only a short while post-HT, then the scar will soong fade and be hidden much easier. It's all a waiting game, and the mindset that the payoff will come within a year made it much easier to get by.

After my HT, I just kinda kept my hair longer/thicker for the first few months. I didnt go to a barber in my own area for probably 2 or 3 months post-HT since I'm kind of in a visible position in my area.

Good luck.

Backnats...I must have missed it somewhere along the way. How far post-HT are you again? The sensation is a bit odd and takes some adjusting. It's similar to other scar feelings in joint areas (to me). If you're only a short while post-HT, then the scar will soong fade and be hidden much easier. It's all a waiting game, and the mindset that the payoff will come within a year made it much easier to get by.

After my HT, I just kinda kept my hair longer/thicker for the first few months. I didnt go to a barber in my own area for probably 2 or 3 months post-HT since I'm kind of in a visible position in my area.

Good luck.

I'm a little over 2 years post op from my latest strip surgery. It still feels weird/tight/sensitive. Has it gone down some? Sure. Completely? No no no. Unless I do something about this, I feel like I'll be having this pain for a looooong time.

Let it Grow.

Let it Grow.

First....sorry about posting twice up earlier...I dont know how that happened.

Backnats....I'm just curious now, because I definitely don't have any answers on being 2 years post-op, has your pain been consistent from the time you had your HT until now? Has it increased recently?

The pain is mostly near the ears where the 2 nerves are. I can tap in that gently and I feel this sharp/sensitive pain. The rest of my head just feels tight. Don't like that either. Like when I try to raise my eyebrows, I feel like my donor area is stretching/pulling, kinda weird feeling. icon_confused.gif

Let it Grow.

Let it Grow.

backnats,

i hear ya on the tight stretched feeling,i'm 2 months post op from my second ht and i feel like if i bend the wrong way i'm going to rip out of my stitches,it has been confirmed by my doc that i have spread and stretched.it is uncomfortable but was assured it will subside.the body just needs time to heal.i have learned so much patience from my ht experiences,as i'm sure all of us have. good luck,hope you feel better.