Which one looks more dense?

jagdish,

In theory they should look the same - especially from a distance because they are the same number of hairs. Though the scalp may be more visible close up especially if we are talking about hair lines. But hopefully there won't be any double grafts in a hairline as it would look unnatural.

Just my thoughts...

Bill

I got this doubt because I am reading more about DFUs and TFUs these days. They sound like Minis to me. I wonder how different a 4 hair DFU or TFU and a naturally occuring 4 hair graft. Are not these DFUs or TFUs will grow curly? If DFUs are used to achieve more density why can't it be achieved by making more incisions per cm2 and place FUs?

Ravi Vide

Hi Jagdish,

Naturally occurring DFU's are not like minis as explained in Dr. Keene's web site here. They are hairs that are naturally close together, in line, but with a small gap in between. Normally they would be dissected into two FU's, but keeping them together can at times be advantageous.

And to answer your question, no they would not be placed so close together by making two incisions. That might be possible, but typically a doctor is distributing grafts evenly over an area based on overall density of placement, e.g. 50 grafts/cm2.

As a crude example, consider the following representation of the placement of hairs:

DFU (3 hairs placed as is, using a 1.5 mm blade) -

'll_l'

Same hairs split into two FU's using .7mm blade placed at 50 grafts/cm2 -

'll__l'

Now, getting into things like TFU's is scary and getting a bit carried away, depending on the details of how they are placed.

Gorp

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

This is Aditya from India, now in usa for last 2 years..

this site is the best for all the information.

I was reading the same from last 2 months.

I am planing to do FUT in india and planning for Dr Madhu who is geeting a good feedback form Ananth.

Anyone other have done FUT from madhu recently and any feedback??

Jagdish: I have sent you an mail, can you please reply...