Lies about the success of transplants??

Hi guys. I've been researching a hair transplant and have read about good experiences on this site and got a lot of info which I really appreciate.

I have also read about horror stories of ineffective multiple procedures, low overall success rates, severe scarring on the front of the hairline where the grafts/plugs are and from the donor area. Normal guys that say the procedure has ruined their lives. One site is www.bosleymedicalviolations.com, which has a lot of disturbing info about the procedure and the health risks associated with it. Another site I looked at is http://home1.gte.net/dschrode/newtransplant-tales.htm

It seems like there are people here that are happy with their results, I'm just in the research phase myself and would like to know more about the risks from people who have been through it and what's REALLY important in making the choice...

Thanks alot for any info and advice!!

I won't say too much, but while I feel for some of those guys who unwittingly got butchered or wasted precious time and money, they have lived in the follicular equivolent of the stone-age, and just don't seem to be fully cognizent of the *elite*, *current* options available to men via HTs.

Keep up your research; I would recommend looking into various esteemed doctors (Coalition Docs, e.g.) -- read their literature, patient feedback, perhaps set up a free consultation with a couple to get a good feel. The differences in what those links are in response to and what you will be looking at is truly like night and day.

Note -- this site has an express interest in combating the inferior, often horrid, procedures that are sadly commonplace at places like a Bosley, and providing prospective patients with an array of honest information to start their search on the right path.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Sardini, I hadn't had such a sucessfull result from prior HTs until I found this website! The support and knowledge I've gotten here is like night and day. I went on to choose one of the coalition doctors and it was just like others who went before me said it would be like!!

I think it is really simple

Good Doc = Good Transplant

Bad Doc = Bad Transplant

This holds true for any line of work :

Barber, Tailor, or instructors.

Of course there are always risks but it is a pretty high probability procedure.

Stick with the top coalition docs and you are doing yourself a BIG favor

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest wanthairs

Sardini..

I sat around with a shiny scalp for years thinking that transplants all costed 50 grand and looked like shit. Then I came across this site and for the first time had info that transplants actually look good these days. i am 8 months post op and can confidently say this was the best decision i ever made in my life, and am looking forward to getting a second procedure and then maybe a third a few years down the road.

As stated previously, it all boils down to doing your homework!! There are still thousands of guys who are too damn lazy and careless to really research it themselves, wait until they have ALL the requisite information, and THEN make the decision. Why do I say people are lazy and careless? Because the info is out there!! Ten or fifteen yrs ago that was not the case; people had little to go on other than what the "doctor" told them. Now, all the info is there if you want to have it. Hell, you don't even have to leave your house for crying out loud. Watch a commercial, meet a doctor, then have a transplant a week later and you deserve what you get as far as I am concerned.

Sardini,

Welcome to our hair restoration community.

As the veteran members of our online community has already stated, research is key and knowledge is vital to ensure a successful hair transplant experience.

Not all hair transplant surgeons are equal in skill, experience, and ability.

At the Hair Transplant Network, real patients have the final say as to who is recommended. You can use the "find" feature of our forum by typing a physician's last name in order to view real patient experiences and photos.

To see a full list of who we recommend, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill