Question to dr Rahal patients

As i saw on danny topic, he is loosing hair in the back of his head and need a new transplant, so my question is:

Does dr rahal in a first hair transplant can put grafts in places where we still have hair? as a way to prevent it? i know some doctors from here do that!

Ps: I wanted to question adrian with this, but he is not answering my mails back

Thank you

As i saw on danny topic, he is loosing hair in the back of his head and need a new transplant, so my question is:

Does dr rahal in a first hair transplant can put grafts in places where we still have hair? as a way to prevent it? i know some doctors from here do that!

Ps: I wanted to question adrian with this, but he is not answering my mails back

Thank you

Jingo,

Hair loss is progressive and we always anticipate that future hair loss will occur. To deal with this we will always recommend preventative medications such as Finasteride and Minoxidil.

The question whether to transplant into those zones with existing hair will depend on the status and quality of those hairs. If the hairs are weak and miniaturized and their demise is imminent in the near future, then transplanting into those zones as a cushion is done. However, if the hairs are still strong and there is no immediate need, then we leave this area alone until the time (if and when) it is needed.

Transplanting into those future hair loss zones does not prevent the hair from falling (that is controlled by the genetic makeup and medications). In fact in some cases damage and shock loss can be the side effect.

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.