I am going to use either Dr. McClellan or Dr. Limmer for my HT

caseinpoint

I have read through this site. Would like to thank Pat and thebaldtruth for my last minute decision not to use MHR. I had serious reservations when I went in and even the Dr. had bad transplants. And for those who what to know - the Dr. never consulted with me, just the sales consultant, and it was a pure sales job - the old the more graph's I buy - the cheaper the price gets - no consideration to how many graft's I actually would need - and no dicussions about the cons, ie shockloss - I didn't even know about that possibly till comming to this board, and I have consulted with both Bosley and MHR a number of times specifically asking about the cons. According to them I would be back at work the next day the happiest guy in the world.

To those on the board - what can I expect from these two doctors. I know someone was posting aggressively about using Dr. Limmer - but I have not been able to find any post after he had his transplant's with Dr. Limmer. I have read the "bashing's" of Dr. Limmer becauses he uses tech's - but so do apparently all Dr.'s.

To Dr. Limmer(Father or son) - how involved can I expect you to be in the transplant process.

To Dr. McCLellan and Dr. Limmer - I see you both visit this site, which is why I am posting here. As I live in Texas, you two seem to be the best in Texas. I do have these questions - is there a way to stop or reduce "shock loss". I have paid alot of money for my existing hairs - propecia - will being on this help. Is there any studies in this area? I have studied plenty of pictures - some people seem to go throught the transplant process alot better than others - ie no shock loss, procedure not very noticeable just a few day after surgury. etc. Can a Dr tell how well a patient will respond after surgury by exaimining the patient - are is it all up to nature. Does the "shockloss hair" grow back?? Most people say it does, but Dr. McClellan indicated in one post it does not.

I will keep all on this board and thebaldtruth posted on my experience, because obviously there is no better way to pick a doctor than through these invaluable websites and the people who post about their experience's.

I have read through this site. Would like to thank Pat and thebaldtruth for my last minute decision not to use MHR. I had serious reservations when I went in and even the Dr. had bad transplants. And for those who what to know - the Dr. never consulted with me, just the sales consultant, and it was a pure sales job - the old the more graph's I buy - the cheaper the price gets - no consideration to how many graft's I actually would need - and no dicussions about the cons, ie shockloss - I didn't even know about that possibly till comming to this board, and I have consulted with both Bosley and MHR a number of times specifically asking about the cons. According to them I would be back at work the next day the happiest guy in the world.

To those on the board - what can I expect from these two doctors. I know someone was posting aggressively about using Dr. Limmer - but I have not been able to find any post after he had his transplant's with Dr. Limmer. I have read the "bashing's" of Dr. Limmer becauses he uses tech's - but so do apparently all Dr.'s.

To Dr. Limmer(Father or son) - how involved can I expect you to be in the transplant process.

To Dr. McCLellan and Dr. Limmer - I see you both visit this site, which is why I am posting here. As I live in Texas, you two seem to be the best in Texas. I do have these questions - is there a way to stop or reduce "shock loss". I have paid alot of money for my existing hairs - propecia - will being on this help. Is there any studies in this area? I have studied plenty of pictures - some people seem to go throught the transplant process alot better than others - ie no shock loss, procedure not very noticeable just a few day after surgury. etc. Can a Dr tell how well a patient will respond after surgury by exaimining the patient - are is it all up to nature. Does the "shockloss hair" grow back?? Most people say it does, but Dr. McClellan indicated in one post it does not.

I will keep all on this board and thebaldtruth posted on my experience, because obviously there is no better way to pick a doctor than through these invaluable websites and the people who post about their experience's.

CaseinPoint;

I had a surgery with Dr.Brad Limmer in Febuary.I can not say enough about how happy I am on the results thusfar.Dr.Limmer utilizes technicians for hairtransplants alittle more than most doctors BUT the techs who do the actual placement of grafts some have more experience than some doctors now doing the procedure.Anyway,read my other posts and you'll see a detailed explanation on my surgery.

You can't go wrong with Dr.Limmer icon_razz.gif

caseinpoint,

I also live in Texas and I'm planning on having another HT surgery next year. I have not had work done by McClellan, but I was thinking that he would be the guy. The jury's still out on that one though because of the strip vs. FUE debate. I have had work done at NHI before with other doctors and I feel like they did good work. PLEASE keep me posted on what you do. BTW- was the doctor with bad HT's Puig?

pdm - I have read your posts, put there is no better proof than pictures. Is there any way to get pictures?? Your enthusiasm for Limmer is commendable - but also suspicious. I am going to take advantage of the ablility these websites offer to post before and after pics - I hope you will to.

ts - I will definitely keep you posted. As you tell my determination between the two doctors will be based on which has the better procedure to minimize shock loss and scarring. I am not interested in spending six months looking bad!

Caseinpoint,

If you're looking for an HT doc that has a very "hands on" approach to the entire procedure, you may wish to consider Dr. Sharon Keene. I believe Dr. Keene does use technicians but according to at least one post by a patient who is also a physician, she's involved "side-by-side" with the techs as they work. The patient uses the name "mtsurgery" and his post on Dr. Keene is on this site under the "Hair Transplant Experiences" forum.

Dr. Keene's "home" office is in Arizona, not really that far from Texas. Also, she performs surgery for a week each month in Dr. Shapiro's clinic in Minnesota, which has a reputation second to none.

Of course, Dr. Limmer's fine reputation speaks for itself. Also, I've been to several NHI seminars in California and have seen five or six guys in person who've been done by Dr. McClellan. They all looked terrific. Of course, five or six guys may or may not be considered a "representative" sample.

Let us all know what you do. But DON'T do anything until you've completed exhaustive research!

TS - the doctor I was referring to was the MHR doctor that works the offices in Austin and Dallas. Nice guy - bad plugs. I believe Puig works for Bosley in houston. I met the Bosley sales consultant in Austin - but he know nothing about HT. A good guy to go out and have a beer with - but the last person in the world to answer's someone's questions about HT. On top of this he was suggesting that I save some money by "filling a vacancy". ie I could save money if I could fill a hole in the schedule. This means I would not even meet the Dr. until minutes before my surgery. Fortunately was smart enough to realize this isn't the way the HT process should be handled.