5 MOS ON DUT./PICS/ LOTS OF ?S

ahlender

AM 24 YEARS OLD AND NOTICED MY HAIR SLIGHTLY THINNING AROUND 21 JUST IN THE TEMPLE AREAS. MY FATHER HIT ABOUT A NW 3 OR 4 AT ABOUT 40. I AM VERY ATTACHED TO MY HAIR AS MOST OF US ARE. I HAVE BEING SLOWLY RECEDING AT THE TEMPLY AREAS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS NOW. NO HUGES LOSSES JUST REAL SLOW. ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO I STARTED AVODART AND ROGAINE. ABOUT 2 TO 3 MONTHS IN I HAD A SOLID 2 MONTHS OF SHEDDING. NOT A HUGE SHED BUT QUITE A BIT WHERE I REALLY NOTICED. THIS LAST MONTH MY HAIR LOSS AND SHEDDING HAS CEASED. I MAYBE LOSE 1 TO 4 HAIRS A DAY IN THE SHOWER. I really want to get a HT but I think it is too early.

I HAVE HEARD SO MANY BAD RESPONSES FROM YOUNG GUYS USING AVODART/DUTAS SHOULD I STOP? HAS ANYONE YOUNG HAD GOOD RESULTS? MY HAIR IS SEEMING TO GET THICKER AND THE LOSS HAS CEASED, WHAT SHOULD I DO? SHOULD I SWITCH TO PROPECIA?

ME_VEGAS.JPG.0657a6ccfc0cae7ff7e5a5e2ca241af1.JPG

AM 24 YEARS OLD AND NOTICED MY HAIR SLIGHTLY THINNING AROUND 21 JUST IN THE TEMPLE AREAS. MY FATHER HIT ABOUT A NW 3 OR 4 AT ABOUT 40. I AM VERY ATTACHED TO MY HAIR AS MOST OF US ARE. I HAVE BEING SLOWLY RECEDING AT THE TEMPLY AREAS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS NOW. NO HUGES LOSSES JUST REAL SLOW. ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO I STARTED AVODART AND ROGAINE. ABOUT 2 TO 3 MONTHS IN I HAD A SOLID 2 MONTHS OF SHEDDING. NOT A HUGE SHED BUT QUITE A BIT WHERE I REALLY NOTICED. THIS LAST MONTH MY HAIR LOSS AND SHEDDING HAS CEASED. I MAYBE LOSE 1 TO 4 HAIRS A DAY IN THE SHOWER. I really want to get a HT but I think it is too early.

I HAVE HEARD SO MANY BAD RESPONSES FROM YOUNG GUYS USING AVODART/DUTAS SHOULD I STOP? HAS ANYONE YOUNG HAD GOOD RESULTS? MY HAIR IS SEEMING TO GET THICKER AND THE LOSS HAS CEASED, WHAT SHOULD I DO? SHOULD I SWITCH TO PROPECIA?

ahlender,

u got to be kidding me? if thats you in the photo with the NW0 mop on your head i'm not seeing any signs of hairloss. Personally with that head of hair I would be on Propecia at most. It is FDA approved for hairloss, has a good safety record and its longterm results are well known. Avodart on the other hand is not approved for hairloss, has more potent side effects than Propecia and its longterm effects are unknown.

Having said that I'm currently on Avodart myself since I had most of my hairloss after 2 years on Propecia.

Basically its your choice in the end, do your research on Avodart and decide for yourself if its worth the risk.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Bro like JakeVig says, you got quite a mop on your head right now. I'm new to this forum, I'm 27 and like you are worried about ending up with my father's head. It really sounds like you're problem isn't much...I wish I had a mop like that 3 years ago. Before joining this forum I also really wanted to get a HT but have kind of decided not to at this point. I think you should also wait some years and try options such as minox, propecia and nizoral which I plan on giving on a try now since joining the forum.

ahlender,

As mentioned, DUT is not FDA approved for the purpose of hair loss. You are trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer. More so, I feel that it is wrong for any physician/hair transplant doctor to prescribe and/or advise the use of such a potent drug without FDA approval.

What is the long term effect on the body and delicate hormone balance of such a potent drug? I don't know, you don't know, and the doctors prescribing/advising its use don't know. Real or perceived hair loss sufferers should not be taking and self-medicating with such a drug. The endocrine system is very, very delicate.

Get on propecia dude

you hairloss is not bad at all & propecia will probably stop it.. why risk using a non approved drug when you don't need to ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!