Same as previous topic, except Bernstein vs. Paul Rose

This is similar to the previous topic. I've met with both of these Doctors and they seem very similar as well. I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 Doctors. (Rose seems much more reasonable pricewise - although I know price should not be a factor for something like this...)

Again - any thoughts from this board on who to use? I'm Norwood 4-5 also ~ 2000 grafts.

Thanks!

[This message was edited by v521sem on February 25, 2003 at 03:23 AM.]

This is similar to the previous topic. I've met with both of these Doctors and they seem very similar as well. I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 Doctors. (Rose seems much more reasonable pricewise - although I know price should not be a factor for something like this...)

Again - any thoughts from this board on who to use? I'm Norwood 4-5 also ~ 2000 grafts.

Thanks!

[This message was edited by v521sem on February 25, 2003 at 03:23 AM.]

Price shouldn't be a huge factor in your decision making, but if Rose's work is excellent and you are comfortable with him, met some of his patients, etc., why not save a few bucks? One reason Bernstein is expensive is b/c he's in NYC. I haven't heard anything negative about Rose.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Yeah, Dr Rose is a guy who will ensure your satisfaction with the procedure and is easy to deal with.

I think that Bernstein and he both tend to go conservative with hairlines and such to deal with possible future loss. I think this is a prudent course of action. Still, others will argue that density in areas of highest demand (frontal region) is most desirable. Okay, you have a better aesthetic improvement for now and I hope you don't lose more hair or you will be getting another HT for sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify a difference in HT philosophy. Best of luck with your decision. Bernstein and Rose are both very highly regarded.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I had doc Rose in January. I was a unique case, hardly any donor hair via too many HT's in the 90's. He managed to take out 40 large minigrafts, trim and re-insert, take out a huge scar, harvest some donor hair via my sides and place all of it right up front to add density to my frontal tuft area. I wanted them to do everything they could, but they really felt that for me doing just a little at a time because my donor is so sparce would be best for me. I know they were right. They could have said sure lets go for 2000 and just butcher me just to get my $$. Not those guys. (Shapiro was advising with Rose before and during my procedure) To top it off they charged me half the current rate cause I had flown all the way from Maui hoping for some serious FU loving! And then doc Rose invited me out to dinner...

I am not saying anything is wrong with Berstein, I just know Rose is first rate. I will be going back to him for the little touch ups ( its all I can do now) in the future.

good luck and choose well my freind, it will last a lifetime!!

aloha big it up

Experience:

6 HT to date.......wish this forum was around in the 90's!

Thanks for the feedback - does anyone know a Surgeon (preferably in the NY/NJ area) who would be considered less conservative in the hairline, as I'd like to have as many perspectives as possible.

Thanks again - this has been very informative..