I would like to hear from female who have had a transplant and how you felt after 2 1/2 months. I look worse and lost a lot of my hair and wonder if this is normal. Iwas told I would lose some, but I never expected this much. Thanks

D.Correll,

There aren't too many other females on this site, but there are some every now and then. But even as a male at 2.5 months, I was really upset and my poor wife got to hear me express my sorrows pretty regularly as I stared in the mirror in horror as I had even less hair than I started with.

Post hair transplant Telogen effluvium (shock loss) affects many, some more than others and is even more common in women from my reading. But as heart breaking as it can be, it is normal for this stage which is another reason why it's important to try to avoid mirrors and wear a hat or another covering when you go out for awhile.

Hopefully other members (especially our female ones) will offer their input and experience on this situation.

Best wishes,

Bill

D.

Things will get better. I usually see my patients at 2-3 months, becuase they go through a mood of doubt and depression. They dont see all the hair growth and may even experience more shock loss.

understanding shock loss

Things will get better and even after one procedure women express alot of satisfaction.

Female video ; see video on the right

Give it time and be patient. Good luck

• 6 months later...

I am a 32 year old woman and the top of my head is quickly balding. I am afraid to have the HT as I have read about losing more hair than one started with. Why is that anyway? I stopped taking birth cotrol about a year ago adn my hair has thinned extremely since than. Is there a relation to this and DHT that I have read?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-

I am a 37 yr old female, and I had a HT almost 3 months ago (strip). Typical female pattern baldness. I am in the waiting period, as most of the grafts had shed at around the 2 week period, but I am seeing some growth now... Feel free to ask me any questions icon_smile.gif Janis

• 1 year later...

I am a 22 yr old female who had a hair transplant to lower my hair line. Im exactly at 2 months n 1 week, however I am not experiencing any hair loss of my REGULAR hair that existed post hair transplant, instead I have great results and the hair directly above my eyes mid/top forehead is growing. Its far to early to see any results. Aside from the small patch of new hair growth I have a long way to go. But women, don't be scared to get one. Even at this point I'm soo happy i got it! and to D. Correll, it WILL get better. Your at a very awkward stage right now, it is COMPLETELY normal, this complaint is VERRRY common and you WILL get much more growth. =)