Anyone experience Rogaine accelerating hair loss?

michigandude

I had been losing hair since I was 16, but at 24 I still had a decent amount and chose to try Propecia to keep what I had left. I stopped after six months because it didn't stop my hair loss and was actually making it worse. Over a year later, I decided to try Rogaine (extra strength) which turned out to be even worse - after only a month or two of using it I realized that I had lost a ton of hair! I think I literally lost a third of the hair in the front and top because of it! It probably would have taken me 5-10 years at a 'normal' rate to lose that much hair.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

I just kinda feel a lot of the time its your MPB doing most of the harm, doesnt make a lot of sense to put something out to worsen the situation in my opinion.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Originally posted by Jupiter:

I just kinda feel a lot of the time its your MPB doing most of the harm, doesnt make a lot of sense to put something out to worsen the situation in my opinion.

also keep in mind throughout all your med time, even when you weren't using propecia or rogaine it all totaled out to be 1.5 years, almost 2 years and you said you were at the beginning.. seems about time MPB strikes for us young people

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~