9 Months Out - Mikeman's Transplant Journey!

Mikeman

Hey guys!

It's been 3 months since I last posted and I've got quite a lot to share since then....

I've had quite a bit more growth come in, mostly in the crown since month 6 and am quite happy with the results I have right now...

I did hit a snag about 8.5 months in however...here's the story behind that:

I had begun experiencing sides from Propecia about 2 1/2 - 3 months in but decided to ride it out thinking that they would subside...

They didn't.

Despite me taking many supplements to offset the sides(L-Arginine @ 3000mg, Yohimbine & Horny Goat Weed @ 900mg each, Ginkgo Biloba @ 800mg) and in addition to me doing Heavy weightlifting 3x a week and cardio 2-3 times a week, the libido was stilll lacking.

I didn't want to sacrifice one aspect of my life for the other so I began weening myself off of proscar....taking .6mg a day, then down to .6mg every 4 or so days...I got to a point where I had been off it for a little over a week even. The good news was I felt GREAT! The sexual energy was back, I was no longer at a point where once a week or even no desire throughout the week was the scenario...BUT...My hair had started falling out(10-15 hairs a day at one point).

So, I got back on proscar and in the meantime I ordered some Avodart...

As a result, I lost a bit of hair in the crown and mid region of my scalp, not sure about the temples...but hopefully I'll regrow what fell out, and more importantly to me, hopefully I will not have any sides with Avodart and can continue to use an internal medication..

***NOTE***

The above is my PERSONAL experience with taking Propecia and doing all that is within my power to offset the sides. In my personal experience, the sides are an unquestionable reality, however I cannot say this will be the case for YOU. I cannot speak for how you will respond to it. Take what you will from my testimony, but in the end, the only way to see how YOU will respond is to test it out for yourself.

So as a result of all this...I've decided to delay the plans for a second hair transplant and see how my ordeal with the meds goes...

Enjoy the progress pics!

-Mike

Edited by Mikeman

Hey guys!

It's been 3 months since I last posted and I've got quite a lot to share since then....

I've had quite a bit more growth come in, mostly in the crown since month 6 and am quite happy with the results I have right now...

I did hit a snag about 8.5 months in however...here's the story behind that:

I had begun experiencing sides from Propecia about 2 1/2 - 3 months in but decided to ride it out thinking that they would subside...

They didn't.

Despite me taking many supplements to offset the sides(L-Arginine @ 3000mg, Yohimbine & Horny Goat Weed @ 900mg each, Ginkgo Biloba @ 800mg) and in addition to me doing Heavy weightlifting 3x a week and cardio 2-3 times a week, the libido was stilll lacking.

I didn't want to sacrifice one aspect of my life for the other so I began weening myself off of proscar....taking .6mg a day, then down to .6mg every 4 or so days...I got to a point where I had been off it for a little over a week even. The good news was I felt GREAT! The sexual energy was back, I was no longer at a point where once a week or even no desire throughout the week was the scenario...BUT...My hair had started falling out(10-15 hairs a day at one point).

So, I got back on proscar and in the meantime I ordered some Avodart...

As a result, I lost a bit of hair in the crown and mid region of my scalp, not sure about the temples...but hopefully I'll regrow what fell out, and more importantly to me, hopefully I will not have any sides with Avodart and can continue to use an internal medication..

***NOTE***

The above is my PERSONAL experience with taking Propecia and doing all that is within my power to offset the sides. In my personal experience, the sides are an unquestionable reality, however I cannot say this will be the case for YOU. I cannot speak for how you will respond to it. Take what you will from my testimony, but in the end, the only way to see how YOU will respond is to test it out for yourself.

So as a result of all this...I've decided to delay the plans for a second hair transplant and see how my ordeal with the meds goes...

Enjoy the progress pics!

-Mike

Edited by Mikeman

Hey Mike,

I really don't think you need another HT at all... for now at least. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some sides from the meds. Your hair looks great! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Anyways, just needed to ask. Is there really a suuplement called "Horny Goat Weed"? Where did you hear about that?

rp1979: Thanks man...I'm happy with the progress I've made so far....I suppose the second transplant would be just to touch everything up...fill in the temples a bit more, more crown coverage, more coverage along the left and right sides of my head, where you part your hair(it's a bit thin there)..

And yes, there is Horny Goat Weed :> Go to any Nutritional Supplement store and ask about it, they will usually have it or at least have a supplement which has some of that ingredient inside of it...You can do a search on the net for more info on libido boosting supplements....

Bill: Whatsup buddy? I suppose it is partially due to 'greed', or my nature to go all out on every project I start :>