Second Procedure of 3051 FU

Just got back from Canada after doing my second procedure with Dr. Seager in Toronto Canada. My first procedure was done in July 2000 with 3475 FU

s. This covered the first 1/3 portion (frontal hairline) of my scalp. This time around (two years later) I had a 3051 FU session done from where they left off to the rear crown portion.

I was contemplating thickening the frontal area but the density from the first procedure was good enough and I didn't want to waste grafts doing the front again when the back area needed them. Plus the possibility of shock loss and a longer waiting period for the hairs to grow into a previously transplanted area made me choose to do the crown area.

I was surprised that I was able to get 3051 grafts because they removed the scar this second time around. So I have done a total of 6526 FU's in only two sessions covering the frontal hairline to the rear crown area.

The megasessions that Dr. Seager does are well worth it. The down time is less and instead of doing 4 sessions of 1500 each. I would rather do 2 sessions of 3000FU+.

Dr. Seager has a first class clinic and staff. I would highly recommend him.

Just got back from Canada after doing my second procedure with Dr. Seager in Toronto Canada. My first procedure was done in July 2000 with 3475 FU

s. This covered the first 1/3 portion (frontal hairline) of my scalp. This time around (two years later) I had a 3051 FU session done from where they left off to the rear crown portion.

I was contemplating thickening the frontal area but the density from the first procedure was good enough and I didn't want to waste grafts doing the front again when the back area needed them. Plus the possibility of shock loss and a longer waiting period for the hairs to grow into a previously transplanted area made me choose to do the crown area.

I was surprised that I was able to get 3051 grafts because they removed the scar this second time around. So I have done a total of 6526 FU's in only two sessions covering the frontal hairline to the rear crown area.

The megasessions that Dr. Seager does are well worth it. The down time is less and instead of doing 4 sessions of 1500 each. I would rather do 2 sessions of 3000FU+.

I (just) had a HT with seager with 3170 ftus. This was done June 27 and now I am 4 days post op. catlass .... being a vertern as this, if you have any advise, what to look out for, etc would be appreciated(email rksmith@aci.on.ca).

How was the donar scar the first time around? Did you go on or continue to take minoxidi as they recommend to help with shock fallout? Before the HT I was on propecia and FNS. I found FNS to made the existing hair more healthy and also started producing many baby hairs. I wish to continue to take FNS once I get ride of the polyderm ointment I have been covering the receipt area with...

Its a topical treatment used to feed the follicles ... There are many sites posting some pretty good results from it. It was just released in May 1/02 so still too early to tell.

Like I said, I started it and it definitly made my existing hair healther/thicker, also started getting many baby hairs, but not enough time to see if they would grow anything beyond that ...

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=45

or www.osmotics.com for the actual product.

• 1 month later...

Cutlass -

I am incredibly happy to hear of your great experiences with Seager, as i went to see him to see if he could help me. I still have hair on top and crown but he did not think i would experience shock fallout. i also am thinking of using dr, shapiro, and my question to you is:

what norwood were you destined to be when you started all this 2 years ago? What color and density hair do you have? when you say that the front and top are a good density- how good? can you jump in to a pool and not worry about how you look after? I'm just asking 'cause i have tons of concerns and fears before i consider doing my HT. I appreciate a reply at d_zeev@hotmail.com

Thanks

DZ