Just had a hair transplant about three weeks ago and now my head looks like it went through a meat grinder. I have hundreds of small holes all over my scalp. Is there any laser surgery that can correct this problem if it doesnt go away.

Three weeks is normal time for feeling and looking awful. The holes you describe are quite normal, escoecially if you surgeon used needles instead of blades to make the receipient sites. Once the hair grows out and you have fully healed, 3-6 months, there should be no evidence of surgery. You can post some photos and get opions if something looks out of the ordinary. But I think you shouldn't worry.Hope this helps.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

bocaman, The holes as you describe them may not be "normal" when describing a result coming from an ultra-refined hair transplant. That's not usually the reaction you hear. It may be time to take some pics to see for sure and then go from there!

This is my second hair transplant, the Doctor says the holes are from my first transplant, so it is not my imagination. I have had some shock hair loss and he says I am just now noticing the "holes". I do not really beleive this as I have examined my scalp intensly both before and after transplant.

there may have been a few form the first but I can see the holes where the new transplants are. The fact that my Doctor is saying that they come from my old transplant leads me to believe that they wont heal. Maybe after my hair grows in they wont be as noticable. However would like to have a game plan. Dont want to have to be afraid to leave the house for six months without a hat and then have to have some type of procedure (if there is any) to fix it and then not be able to leave house again for who knows how long. Dont want to harm new transplants but sitting around doing nothing hoping it might not be as noticable in future is difficult. By the way the pocdure was done with a blade, but when healing had verticle white scabs like rice when these broke off maybe they caused the indentations?

The real question here is if you went to a credible surgeon. If you did I would not be too worried about it as it is normal to look a bit odd in the beginning.

who was the doc??

It is also normal for the hair to grow in coarse and a bit hard looking. This softens up as time goes by ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!