Shock loss/curved hairs.

Toad_NW3

Hello HTers,

I was wondering how long shockloss can go on? I've heard anywhere from the first month to four months. I'm just at 8 weeks post HT and would like to think the shockloss is done. Any hope of that?

Also, I noticed throughout the weeks that sometimes I lose hairs that look completely normal, while sometimes (more rare than normal hairs) I lose some that look like little check marks. My assumption is they got "kinked" during surgery. Anyone else expierence this? It hasn't been a lot mind you, but I have seen them.

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

Hello HTers,

I was wondering how long shockloss can go on? I've heard anywhere from the first month to four months. I'm just at 8 weeks post HT and would like to think the shockloss is done. Any hope of that?

Also, I noticed throughout the weeks that sometimes I lose hairs that look completely normal, while sometimes (more rare than normal hairs) I lose some that look like little check marks. My assumption is they got "kinked" during surgery. Anyone else expierence this? It hasn't been a lot mind you, but I have seen them.

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

I would say that around 3-3.5 months you are at pre HT condition. The growth truly starts for most around that stage as well, and it happens fast!! By 5-6 months you should be at 50% of the final. Of course things vary by patient, just saying in general.

Toad,

Everyone experiences varying degrees of shockloss at various times. I know that doesn't give you a lot of certainty, but you can be sure that shockloss is normal for some, maybe even most people when they have hair transplanted into areas with native or pre-transplanted hair. My "shockloss" period has typically been between 5-10 weeks, where, typically by about 3-3.5 months I see evidence of new growth.

Hope this helps.

Bill