Removing Staples in SoCal

For those of you Southern Cal HT patients that had surgery abroad, do you have any suggestions for having your staples removed?

I am travelling to have my next procedure and will need to find somewhere to have my staples removed back here at home. My girlfriend doesn't have the stomach for it, and I would prefer not to go my doctor. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I know some wives and girl friends can do it but if you can I think it is best to go to a medical professional. It doesnt have to be your regular doctor. Compared to the cost of your HT the staple removal will be very small. I wish you the best of luck with your HT. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

While i do agree that removing staples is not difficult, i don't recommend to do it yourself, or let your girlfriend do it, or even let a regular nurse/doctor to do it. Please get a local HT doctor or plastic surgeon. I had my sutures removed by a local HT doctor, and i am glad i took that decision. It is a bit more complicated procedure that you may think.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I had a HT doctor here in Illinois (currently the most corrupt state in the union!?) do it for me. Dr. Konior, who is recommended here and has shown awesome results, took me in and removed them free of charge.

When I scheduled an appointment I didn't even ask and expected to pay some kind of fee. When I offered after removal, without hesitation he said no.

I would assume if you go to a walk-in clinic or have your doctor do it it may cost a nominal fee.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Under Construction:

Cost is really not an issue, considering what i just spent for HT. The doctor quoted 150$, when i called directly. The appointment was booked by dr. Cooley. When i got there, the dr. only charged for a consultation (normally 50$), which is covered by the Quebec Medicare, therefore it was free.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley