propecia or proscar

This was the second question i had .

Which is more effective propecia or proscar?

Also what is the correct dosage? I've read that your supposed to beak them up. Can anyone help me with this? thanks. I think i should try one of these befor i consider HT

This was the second question i had .

Which is more effective propecia or proscar?

Also what is the correct dosage? I've read that your supposed to beak them up. Can anyone help me with this? thanks. I think i should try one of these befor i consider HT

With your level of hair loss, I think you'd be nuts to get a HT without giving Propecia or Proscar a solid chance (a year of steady use).

Even if you get a HT, you need to use Propecia (Finasteride) to maintain your remaining hair. You don't just let it all fall out, and think that you can replace it all with a HT (you can't). That doesn't make any sense. For one thing, you have a limited amount of hair in the donor hair "bank", not nearly enough to cover your whole head with any significant amount of density. The demand is greater than the supply.

In fact, you really should have gotten on Finasteride years ago, but I guess that is water under the bridge...

If money is not an issue for you, I would use Propecia, it's just a little easier. If you have a wife or kids around, you might not want to cut the Proscar tablets (which do have tiny amount of residue...powdered tablet...after you cut them.) Finasteride should be kept away from women and children...

If money is an issue, it is cheaper to use Proscar. Proscar is a 5 mg. dose of Finasteride, where Propecia is a 1mg dose. Since you are in your 30's, it's possible your doctor will be sympathetic if you explain your financial hardship, and prescribe Proscar (which is really for Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy... I think I said that right) in other words an enlarged prostate gland. Since it is unlikely a guy in his 20s would have that condition, your age might allow your doc to cut you some slack, and prescribe the less-expensive version.

Then pick up a tablet splitter at your pharmacy (ask your pharmacist) they are about 3 or 4 bucks. Use it to split your Proscar into quarters, which is technically impossible since a tablet of Proscar is 5-sided. Just do the best you can, figuring that the main thing is a "total weekly dose". So you'll actually be getting a 1.25 mg dose, on average.

If I were you, I'd get a prescription for Propecia like, tomorrow. ASAP certainly.

Hopefully you will halt your hair loss (according to Merck 83% of guys will halt or dramatically slow hair loss down) or even regrow some hair (possible but less likely... worth a try). If you try to treat your hair loss in a preventative way (maybe Minoxidil too, if you are inclined) hopefully you will never get to the point that you really need a HT. Let's hope so!

As I said, even if you do get a HT at some point, you should still use Finasteride, because HT do not prevent further hair loss. You need to retain as much "original hair" as possible.

Good luck.