Eddie Van Halen

kamin

Being that I'm a musician and Eddie Van Halen is one of my favorite guitarists, I used him as my avatar. He had some kick-a$$ hair back in the day!

That got me to thinking about how some of these musicians (or anyone, for that matter) can abuse themselves with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, and crappy diets but still have great-looking healthy hair. I'm always reading about how a healthy diet, etc. is important for good-looking hair. Probably genetics.

Being that I'm a musician and Eddie Van Halen is one of my favorite guitarists, I used him as my avatar. He had some kick-a$$ hair back in the day!

That got me to thinking about how some of these musicians (or anyone, for that matter) can abuse themselves with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, and crappy diets but still have great-looking healthy hair. I'm always reading about how a healthy diet, etc. is important for good-looking hair. Probably genetics.

True, but many of the legendary rockers that my generation grew up with in the late 70's and 80's with the long, flowing, gorgeous hair (this was another reason it was so difficult to lose it as a young man during this period!)who are now well into middle age are balding and/or wearing their hair very short. Three that come to mind are Peter Frampton, David Lee Roth, and Micheal Bolton. They are almost unrecogizable from their heydays.

Phil

Don't even get started on Townshend or Peter Gabrielle...LOL!!!!!

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I remember Boston's grounbreaking debut album back in the mid to late 70's, which was one of my first and I think I still have. In the picture of the group on the jacket, all the guys had the long hair, some with the mutton chop sideburns and fu-man-chu moustaches. One had a huge Afro. Whatever happened to those guys? They have to be well into their 50's now.

Same for the members of Styx on "The Grand Illusion" album. I think Ted "Wild Man" Nugent still has the long hair today.

One exception seems to be Phil Collins who has always been balding and likely even more so as he's gotten older.

Although the appearances seem odd looking back on them now, the music still sounds great after almost 30 years.

Phil