Multiple Transplants!!!

Hi, I haven't had a transplant, but I hear about people having second and third transplants. Are these transplants for the same area (ie. because the procedure didn't work properly) or are they for a different area (ie. there was too much area to cover that multiple procedures were required). I am terrified that the multiple procedures are for botched jobs. Thanks!

Hi, I haven't had a transplant, but I hear about people having second and third transplants. Are these transplants for the same area (ie. because the procedure didn't work properly) or are they for a different area (ie. there was too much area to cover that multiple procedures were required). I am terrified that the multiple procedures are for botched jobs. Thanks!

Igor

Most patients will require multiple sessions.

I've never heard of a patient who didn't want more density or more coverage, even after multiple sessions. Anybody who only had one session, and never had any more, probably didn't really need one in the first place (or changed their mind about the wisdom of getting a hair transplant).

You will probably want as many sessions as you can afford, or until you run out of donor hair for. Hair transplants are not a "one-shot deal".