Lack of Updates on Dr.'s websites?

With all the excellent work being done by the "top" ht docs in the world, why don't they update their websites? I know how touchy advertising is in this field of work, but some of these websites are a few years old. Listen I am not saying to go and advertise on tv like others do, but just update some new pts in the photo gallery. I know many will say the work will speak for itself through pt satisfaction and these forums, but I can't help to wonder how it would hurt any particular doctor to have updated photos on new pts....

You only live once...

Arrie,

I agree that this is a problem for the seeking hair transplant patient.

I suspect that many hair restoration physicians don't understand the benefit that online web services provide - including their very own websites. However, communities like ours have helped some hair restoration physicians see the need to develop a strong online reputation which has led many clinics to keep their website up to date with the latest information pertaining to their clinic.

Hopefully as time continues, more hair restoration clinics will see the need for this as well.

Bill

Arrie:

I can only speak for myself: Time, effort, patient consents. Plus we are busy enough. Some of us feel we do not need to do a significant amount of advertising or Marketing. BElieve it or not, it does take a significant amount of time, at least for me it does.

Doc I have a great respect and understanding for what all doctors do, I understand time is never enough. I hope that someday the websites can reflect the doctors recent work.

You only live once...