Hair System Vs Hair Transplant (John Travolta as an Example)

Hi,

Just generally wondering - after reading the following article on John Travolta - I guess it could be wrong (with respect to him using a system) - Please see the following:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/03/17/john-travoltas-hair-piece/

With that said, I wonder why would anyone want to have a hair system over a transplant? Even more so in John's case, someone who can easily afford a good transplant - why not just have that done and be over with it? I guess it might depend on how much hair loss he initially had, before he decided to use a system (if true), or perhaps his donor area was not ideal?

So, would that be the only reason why one would consider a hair system over a transplant? Because cost wise - it seems if you save up on the yearly cost of a hair system, you should be able to pay for the transplant procedure - apologizes here if i am wrong - I don't live in the United States or Europe - so I may be way off on the cost of each.

oh yes, I forget - if density is a concern - why not just get a transplant and keep your hair short - kind of like david beckham or well buzzed - a buzzed hair style doesn't need to have one consider density , right?

The main benefit of hair transplant over systems, in my opinion, is that hair transplants (after recovery, etc) are relatively low maintenance. The main benefit of systems over hair transplants ??“ and I say this as one with zero affinity for systems ??“ is that they can provide a density not often seen with hair transplants.

Some people have all the money in the world but opt not to do surgery. I imagine that some of these individuals must specifically want super high density over extensively bald areas. So I guess, for these folks, systems are the right choice. Personally, I would rather have a natural looking hair transplant. But that is just me.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

TheHairLossCure, you say transplants are relatively low maintenance - I thought once you have it done - its basically 0 maintenance? Or did you mean depending on how bald one is - there might be a need for more than one visit for a transplant?