How to get Avodart?????

Frenchie2001

I've been on Propecia for a couple of months, but it still seems that I am shedding hair. I want to do everything I can to save what I have.

Looks like the next best option is Avodart, but I am having trouble finding a doc to write the script for the medication. Anybody have any ideas?

[This message was edited by Frenchie2001 on November 17, 2003 at 10:42 PM.]

I've been on Propecia for a couple of months, but it still seems that I am shedding hair. I want to do everything I can to save what I have.

Looks like the next best option is Avodart, but I am having trouble finding a doc to write the script for the medication. Anybody have any ideas?

[This message was edited by Frenchie2001 on November 17, 2003 at 10:42 PM.]

I've been on propecia for almost three months and have experienced some shedding as well. From reading posts on this site I think it's pretty common to shed within the first three to four months. I would give it more time before switching. I'm almost at the three month mark and I am shedding less than I was at the two month mark.

Everyone says to give it a year, and like you, I'm impatient and hate to see one strand fall off into the sink...I will wait until the six month mark to see where I stand before asking my doctor if I should switch or get off of it.

Andy,

Thanks for the reply. It is good to hear how Propecia has worked for other people.

I guess I should have added that I have been on Propecia right at a year. However for about the first year the Propecia came from the internet so I was concerned that it wasn't the real stuff or full strength.

In any case I will at least stay on Propecia just hoping that it will slow my hair loss at a minimum.

Did you check into Avodart? I found some resistance to get a doctor to prescribe it.