D-day next tues. Getting nervous!!!.....

Bluesman

D-day is 1 week away. PS: 1st time poster here.

I 'm booked next tues. for hairline work (about 1,000 to 1,200 grafts) with Dr. Ron Shapiro.

Can I hear from any other patients of Dr. Shapiro about your experience?

Do not worry. You will be in very, very good hands. Sit back and just let him do what he does best. Let him use his artistic talents to design the best hairline for you. He does this exceedingly well. You have chosen your doc wisely. Now you only have to be patient for the results to show. My own results continued to improve through 18 months subsequent to my second HT. My first session was August, 2001, my second March, 2002.

Bluesman

I know exactly what you mean. Up until the time I sat down in the chair, I was questioning whether or not I was making a mistake. After going through it, and having virtually no negative side effects, and seeing all those beautiful little hair stubbles where I had none before, I thought to myself "How could I have ever considered NOT doing this?"

My stubbles have fallen out for the most part, as they usually do, and I am only one month post-op at this point, so I haven't seen any regrowth yet, but I am so looking forward to that day, and there's no doubt I made the right choice. Sure, it's natural to be nervous, but you're making the right choice and you'll be glad you did.

I went to Dr. Paul Rose, who is a member of the Shapiro group. There's hardly a group of more skilled and qualified surgeons anywhere. You made a good choice, and you'll be thrilled with the results.

If you'd like to read my long chronicle of events post-op, I've updated it pretty regularly, so others may know what to expect. You can read it here: http://www.hair-restoration-info.com/groupee/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=7466060861&m=5396046193&p=1

Tedd

[This message was edited by Teddw2ds on September 08, 2003 at 08:54 AM.]