Itchy donor and recipient area (1 month post op)

Does anyone have problems with the donor and recipient areas being itchy? If so, is it a problem to scratch there?

I am a little over 1 month post op, and I doubt it's a problem, I'm just nervous about it.

It's not like I'm vigorously scratching my head, but lately I've been noticing my tendency to scratch around those areas. Maybe I always did it and now that I have had a HT I just notice it more.

Does anyone have problems with the donor and recipient areas being itchy? If so, is it a problem to scratch there?

I am a little over 1 month post op, and I doubt it's a problem, I'm just nervous about it.

It's not like I'm vigorously scratching my head, but lately I've been noticing my tendency to scratch around those areas. Maybe I always did it and now that I have had a HT I just notice it more.

best,

Get yourself some 100% pure Aloe gel and emu oil. It will decrease inflammation and take away the itch. The itchiness is an inflammatory response to the trauma.

take care,

Landen

It is also possible that you had some nerve endings cut while your strip was removed-donor region(assuming you did not get Fue). So as you regain felling in those donor areas, you are going to notice a more pronounced "itch" that's what happened for me, meaning you did not feel it as much pervious as you did not have as much feeling or sensitivity. As far as Aloe goes just make sure it is 99-100%, like "Lilly's of the desert" is 99.9% aloe and worked very well to cool my scar and help with itch during some of the hot summer months. So yes it is very normal what you are experiencing, both in donor and recipient areas just don't scratch rub if you have to but don't pick or scratch as it will not help you any.