Back Hair Extraction for Hair Transplantation

Dr. Alan Feller

As many of you know I have been experimenting with volunteers to gathter as much data as possible for FUE procedures.

In my meeting with Dr. Campbell in NYC she cautioned the use of FUE in areas other than the head due to excessive scarring in the form of "raised white bumps". I took this concern to heart and appreciated her willingness to share this observation.

Since Dr Campbell claimed there was a way around this problem I immediately set myself to the task of identifying the actual problem and then solving it.

Below are the before and after photos of the back of a patient I performed a few FUEs on. The after photo was taken less than a week post op. I see some irritation of two sites that was probably the result of scratching, but nothing drastic. Perhaps the increased scarring that Dr Campbell was talking about is on the way, but so far, so good. I will post follow ups over the next 6 months.

before.jpgafter.jpg

As many of you know I have been experimenting with volunteers to gathter as much data as possible for FUE procedures.

In my meeting with Dr. Campbell in NYC she cautioned the use of FUE in areas other than the head due to excessive scarring in the form of "raised white bumps". I took this concern to heart and appreciated her willingness to share this observation.

Since Dr Campbell claimed there was a way around this problem I immediately set myself to the task of identifying the actual problem and then solving it.

Below are the before and after photos of the back of a patient I performed a few FUEs on. The after photo was taken less than a week post op. I see some irritation of two sites that was probably the result of scratching, but nothing drastic. Perhaps the increased scarring that Dr Campbell was talking about is on the way, but so far, so good. I will post follow ups over the next 6 months.

before.jpgafter.jpg