Going from a hair system to hair transplants - need advice

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 5/28/01

Time: 11:00:49 PM

Remote Name: 152.163.207.189

Comments

About to have HT done but I currently wear a replacement system. Has anyone gone through the HT procedure & kept the system on during the regrowth process? How do you manage the frontal hairline portion? Can you use the bonding to hold down the front, over the grafts? Thanks, this is a great site. Very helpful.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 5/28/01

Time: 11:00:49 PM

Remote Name: 152.163.207.189

Comments

About to have HT done but I currently wear a replacement system. Has anyone gone through the HT procedure & kept the system on during the regrowth process? How do you manage the frontal hairline portion? Can you use the bonding to hold down the front, over the grafts? Thanks, this is a great site. Very helpful.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Tom, Before my days as a "Recovered Bald Guy" I wore a "hair system" for several anxiety ridden years. But the good news is my transition worked out well and I was able to wear my system as my hair grew underneith.

What I did was switch over to using clips to attach my hair so I could remove my system at will.

Then right after my surgeries I gave it a rest and only wore a hat for the first four or five days after surgery to let the grafts heal in place.

Then I cut my tape tabs very narrow (about a third their normal width) and wore the tape tab just ahead of my new grafts.

After two sessions in the front half had completely grown in I had a small (skull cap sized) sytem made to cover just my crown and I tossed my old big system into the crash (after a small celebration involving taunting and abusing the "system").

At this point the small hair system in the crown was much easier to wear because my hairline was perfectly natural and combed over and into the hair system in the back. So for those with limited donor hair you may consider re-establishing your hairline with transplants and wearing a system in back.

Fortunately I had ample donor hair and did a third session to fill in the back crown area. Once this hair in the back grew in I once again ceremoniosly threw away my small system. I've been all natural and hair system free ever since.

And believe me life out from underneith a system is liberty itself. icon_razz.gif

My Hair Loss Blog