do we have enough donor hair to transplant nw7?

homer

Much has been made on transplanting on a young guy as he may go significantly bald later on. However I was wondering whether a man at norwood 7 would even have enough donor hair to transplant his head adequately. Any thoughts? Thanks for any feedback.

Much has been made on transplanting on a young guy as he may go significantly bald later on. However I was wondering whether a man at norwood 7 would even have enough donor hair to transplant his head adequately. Any thoughts? Thanks for any feedback.

The amount of donor hair that is available varies from patient to patient with many factors. The most important variable is that you must have realistic expectations. No one will ever be able to achieve the density they once had. What they can expect is to improve the situation. We have done many Norwood V1 with excellant results. Wish you the best!

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Guest dude1

Ailene

You sound like you may work in a HT doctors office. Mind telling us which one?

Is the density that can be achieved for a Norwood VI patient dependent on him keeping his hair long or is it possible for him to wear his hair later in a short (longer than a buzz) cut? Obviously it would then be spare but not totally unnatural for a mature man who wants to keep his hair in an easy to take care of style. Looking forward to your answers. Thanks.