Dr Ekrem Civas- Ankara, Turkey

Hello everybody. I'm 23, from the UK and have been balding for pretty much 10 years (last 4 years of studying medicine hasn't exactly helped). I'm a Norwood Scale 5A now and I recently came across the website of Dr Civas and got in touch with him but before giving it any serious consideration, I would appreciate it if anyone with any experience or anyone who knows of someone with experience with him could give me some feedback.

Any general recommendations in Europe would also be welcome. I'll require about 5-6000 grafts I think and have about a budget of about 8-9000 euros. I think strip surgery's my only realistic option

Many thanks, really useful website btw icon_smile.gif

Hi to bald or not to bald,

I have no experience with Dr. Civas. I have had my hairtransplant surgery done in Istanbul at Transmed clinic. They deliver a decent job for a decent price, about 1 euro per graft. Dr. Ilker Apaydin was my surgeon , I am pleased with the results. However I think that Dr. Kulahci is a better option, she is more experienced and also recommended on this community.

I am originally from Turkey also and I think that there are good options in Turkey to have surgery done. But the only clinic I have experience with is Transmed. Maxzor

graft. Dr. Ilker Apaydin was my surgeon , I am pleased with the results. However I think that Dr. Kulahci is a better option, she is more experienced and also recommended on this community.

I am originally from Turkey also and I think that there are good options in Turkey to have surgery done. But the only clinic I have experience with is Transmed. Maxzor

In our german forum we saw several turkish guys, who had work done by turkish clinics. In my opinion there are only a few docs that stand for continuously good results - but I think there are many, many butchers. If I were you I would talk to Dr. Keser or Transmed. I personally think, Keser would be the better choice. I have never heard anything about the clinic you mentioned. In my opinion you should also consider Dr. Mwamba (Belgium), Hattingenhair(Germany), Dr. Bisanga (Belgium), Prohairclinic (Belgium) and Lars Heitmann (Netherlands). From my point of view the best clinics in Europe by far.

Thanks maxzor and dedom, I'll research into the docs that you've mentioned. maxzor, I got in touch with Transmed, I can see their quite reputable but their actually asking for about 2.5 dollars a graft which in my case would go well beyond 15000 dollars. I would definately look more into it if they were to do it for 1 euro graft- is that a recent price your quoting?

• 5 years later...

I personally have experience with Dr. Ekrem Civas. I did my Hair Transplant last year with him and the results are great. I regained back my hairline and frontal hair and I feel so much more confident than before. I recommend him because of his professionalism, his skills and his wonderful results. You can read his biography on (link removed by moderator). The price is also very good especially compared to the results afterwords. They also take care of the accommodation for you, making the whole process so much easier. I believe their services are excellent and are to be experienced.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge