New here- questions and leads

I'm considering surgical grafts and came to this site from an internet search. Can anyone sum up what the latest state-of-the art procedure is?

Are the doctors listed among the "Coalition Surgeons" on the hair-restoration-info.com really independent and highly recommended? I notice none are in the Washington, DC area. Can anyone recommend someone in DC, Virginia or Maryland, or maybe Pennsylvania?

And what would an average cost be for the latest procedure for someone who just has thinning hair on the top of his head (the "comb over" area) and a receding hairline?

Thanks!

I'm considering surgical grafts and came to this site from an internet search. Can anyone sum up what the latest state-of-the art procedure is?

Are the doctors listed among the "Coalition Surgeons" on the hair-restoration-info.com really independent and highly recommended? I notice none are in the Washington, DC area. Can anyone recommend someone in DC, Virginia or Maryland, or maybe Pennsylvania?

And what would an average cost be for the latest procedure for someone who just has thinning hair on the top of his head (the "comb over" area) and a receding hairline?

Thanks!

Guest bro66

im in northern va, had my HT procedure done at virginia surgical near tysons. i had 2 procedures, a total of about 3200 graphs. virginiasurgical.com

Hello Rick in MD and welcome to our community.

The latest trend in hair transplantation is called ultra refined follicular unit transplantation which has come a long way since the days of mini-grafts and micro-grafts.

I recommend you read the following thread - also posted on this blog.

Our coalition doctors are the best of the best in ultra refined hair transplantation. To remain a member, they must continue to meet our high level of standards.

To date none of our coalition doctors are located in the states you mentioned, however, we have a few recommended doctors in those states that you can find here.

To learn the difference between our coalition doctors and recommended doctors click here.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Rick in MD, You've definitely come to the right place! First of all, there's a lot to know about hair transplantation that I wish someone would have informed me about. So get educated!! I can say for certain you'll thank yourself in the end. 1) Ultra Refined Folicular Unit Transplantation is what the best doctors are doing these days but read more about it and other techniques to get the best final result. 2) Try not to limit yourself to a certain area but pick the best doctor for your needs and that clinic should reimburse you for part of your travel expenses. It's worth it! Good luck.