Applying topicals eg. Rogaine and Toppik at the same time?

Hi all,

I recently began to use several topicals eg Rogaine while at the same time I use Toppik to conceal my hair loss. I have a question regarding the correct procedures of mixing the two chemicalsl.

In the morning, it is not a problem: I first apply Rogaine and other topicals, and wait until it becomes dry, then I shake off some Toppik powder onto my hair - they mostly cling to the hair, some of them wil l cling to my scalp but they are dry. I believe this procedure does not pose hazard to my health.

However in the evening, there is a problem: if I apply Rogaine and other topicals directly to my scalp and massage to get better penetration, then I risk massaging the Toppik powders to deep into my scalp and mixing it with the chemicals and they may have a combined effect into my pores and follicals and even clogging the follicals. I can see when I massage Toppik powder and Rogaine together, they blend their colors.

I mean, topicals eg. Rogaine and concealers eg. Toppik each have been trialed to be safe, but their combined effect on scalp when they are in liquid status may not have been thoroughly tested and reported by each manufacturers.

If I use a Shampoo to completely get rid of the Toppik in the evening before applying Rogaine, it will be safer but according to some literature, using Shampoo everyday and too frequently also does harm to hair.

If I don't use Shampoo to get rid of the Toppik, then the second morning I still face this problem of applying both the Rogaine and Toppik, because at the time when I apply Rogaine on the second morning, the Toppik powder is still there.

Hence I want to ask is there a "smart" approach to use both safely?

Currently I am using the divide-and-conquer strategy as follows:

I divide my large hair-loss region into two sub-regions, back-top and top-front. I use Rogaine, etc. only on the top-front region, and use Toppik only on the back-top region. But this is really an awkward and stupid compromise. It is also very hard to control precisely to avoid the two parties to blend, esp. at the time when I still have Toppik powders on and then I blend it with chemical liquid... I really look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions on how to apply them both at the same time for long term(might be life long) safety...

Thanks a lot!