MEGA SESSIONS CONCERN

MrJobi

Hi All

I have a question for everyone.. More and more we hear about Mega sessions and it is truly amazing how the results turn out. My only question is the following.. With a limited donor supply, aren't patients concerned about doing a 4000-5000 session and then having future loss? This would leave them with less donor hair for future HT's and possibly an unnatural look due to an uneven "final look" ? Will an agressive strategy complicate the cosmetic outcome with future loss and limited supply? Does a more conservative approach give you a better long terms strategy so one may adjust as he loses more hair? Just curious on everyones thoughts here..Maybe we just do it and hope for technolgy to progress accordingly ( i.e cloning etc.)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi All

I have a question for everyone.. More and more we hear about Mega sessions and it is truly amazing how the results turn out. My only question is the following.. With a limited donor supply, aren't patients concerned about doing a 4000-5000 session and then having future loss? This would leave them with less donor hair for future HT's and possibly an unnatural look due to an uneven "final look" ? Will an agressive strategy complicate the cosmetic outcome with future loss and limited supply? Does a more conservative approach give you a better long terms strategy so one may adjust as he loses more hair? Just curious on everyones thoughts here..Maybe we just do it and hope for technolgy to progress accordingly ( i.e cloning etc.)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi All

Mrjb, you raise a great concern, one that every HT candidate should consider, but it has nothing to do with megasessions. The real issue is intelligent planning. A doctor who dense packs 4,000 grafts into your hairline is not fairly considering your future loss, but one who spreads it out with forsight of future loss is doing just the right thing.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Thanks Bushy

i thought more people would comment on this topic as it is very common on this site

cheers

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb,

The topic you brought up has been and will again be the "hot topic" at the next International HT Conference in San Diego. Forums such as this and the conferences are great to get the dialogue going. There's much to debate about. It's almost too overwhelming to speak your opinion.

You and Bushy seem very much in line with my kind of thinking. You definately need to think about the future and not use up all the donor since it's in limited supply. Careful planning is a must.

Thanks Janna

I thought it was just me.. It's natual or human nature to want everything now. My only fear for many people on there is they are taking care of the present regardless of the future. For me, it would be worse to have an uneven HT ( the existing hair would fall out naturally due to MPB) than to just shave my head.. You are back to sqaure one..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!