Question on FUE

After a 'normal' strip megassesion most patience loose the hairs after a couple of weeks, only to regrow several months later. I was told that one of the reasons is that the grafts that are extracted and prepared lack of oxygen before being put back into the blood supply.

During FUE the hairs are extracted one by one. So if you have on team doing the extract and anohter doing the implant right after the grafts have been removed this should gain lots of time and maybe solve the problem of shedding after a HT.

Please comments from those with experience.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

After a 'normal' strip megassesion most patience loose the hairs after a couple of weeks, only to regrow several months later. I was told that one of the reasons is that the grafts that are extracted and prepared lack of oxygen before being put back into the blood supply.

During FUE the hairs are extracted one by one. So if you have on team doing the extract and anohter doing the implant right after the grafts have been removed this should gain lots of time and maybe solve the problem of shedding after a HT.

Please comments from those with experience.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

I read a number of years ago that research was being done on using cold packs or a cold head "mask" to keep hair from falling out during chemo therapy. It was reported as having success but I have never heard of it since then.

Have any doctors heard of this? Perhaps it may apply to keeping grafts after a HT. Maybe something to look into?

icon_biggrin.gif

Hi.

The answer that you were given does not sound right at all. What is accepted in the medical community is when hair is transplanted regardless of stripe or FUE procedure the hair follicles goes into shock. When shock occurs it will drop the hair.

The follicles goes dormant or enters the "resting phase" and after a few months the normal hair cycle continues. From what I understand it has nothing to do what so ever with FUE or strip procedure. Sounds like nothing more then a marketing tool. As you know FUE is very expensive. In most cases it costs are double that of strip. Hair shedding has nothing to do at all with FUE or strip procedure.