HT2

kg007

Hey guys -

Although I don't come here very often, but lot of you know me by now. I had my first HT in December '04, and I am happy with my results. Things are looking good, but not as good as I like them to be. So I am going in for 2nd procedure. I am looking at 1st week of February. I haven't made any apts yet, but I am zeroing in on my surgeon. My first procedure was 1500 grafts, 2nd one will be bigger. I'll be almost 25 by the time I have my 2nd procedure. I know I am being too agresive for my age, but I am sick of the way my hair looks and I want to be able to style it any way I want and feel like my age. I am sure you guys know what I mean. But hopefully propecia take care of existing hair, and the HT will fill in the gaps. Well I'll keep you guys posted as I make some important decisions in coming month. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

KG

Hey guys -

Although I don't come here very often, but lot of you know me by now. I had my first HT in December '04, and I am happy with my results. Things are looking good, but not as good as I like them to be. So I am going in for 2nd procedure. I am looking at 1st week of February. I haven't made any apts yet, but I am zeroing in on my surgeon. My first procedure was 1500 grafts, 2nd one will be bigger. I'll be almost 25 by the time I have my 2nd procedure. I know I am being too agresive for my age, but I am sick of the way my hair looks and I want to be able to style it any way I want and feel like my age. I am sure you guys know what I mean. But hopefully propecia take care of existing hair, and the HT will fill in the gaps. Well I'll keep you guys posted as I make some important decisions in coming month. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

KG

Dr. Keene did my first procedure. Although, 1500 grafts is not very big number, she did a great job. But 20-25 grafts/cm2 just doesn't cut it. I have pix posted on this forum.

I did only 1500 grafts because I was less educated about HT back then, and also I was being conservative keeping my age in mind. Now I realize that 20-25 grafts/cm2 just doesn't give you the density. I still have decent coverage - 25-35 grafts/cm2 - on top and front. I plan to add more grafts on crown to make it look more alive, and plan to bring up the density in the front 1/3 (and maybe also top 2/3) to 45-50 grafts/cm2.

Now I know lot of you might be thinking that I am being too agresive on crown, but crown is the only see-thru area I have and I have to recover my crown to give me more confidence. Hopefully Propecia will help me hold on to what I have left, and in worst case if I lose more hair in front, I will opt for FUE after I run out of laxity in my donor from FUTs to make up for the grafts I am investing in crown. The surgeons I am considering are Dr. Keene, Dr. Rose and a doc in Vacouver.

KG