n/w7's real story

Franklin

Friday, August 08, 2003 10:24 PM

"My name is Paul V and my "before" and recent "after" photos can be found at

http://www.hairsite8.com/htdocs/woods/paulv.htm

I was a NW 7 and I saw Dr Ray Woods and Dr Angela Campbell in May 2001 and had three procedures comprising a total of 1500 grafts (ie. 3 procedures of 500 grafts each).

At twenty (20) weeks after my surgery I visited Dr Woods at his beach-house clinic during which a series of "after" photos were taken of me in the presence of his New York attorney. Dr Woods asked me if he could use my "before" and "after" photos, and history, and present them to Farrell Mane. I agreed in good faith as it was my understanding that Farrell would use these photos in an honest and true context ??“ that is:

1. I was a NW 7

2. The "after" photos were taken at only approx. 20 weeks following my surgery

3. The total number of grafts was only 1500

It is my understanding that Farrell was made totally aware of these facts.

I have recently seen my 20-week "after" photo on Farrel Mane's website and feel greatly dismayed, angered and disgusted at the way in which it was presented.

The "before" photo and the above context was not presented and the way in which comment was invited and negative feedback not discouraged, I feel has left me exposed to open ridicule by the global public.

The photo presented on Farrel Mane's website also shows enough of my upper face to enable recognition by the people who know me. Because I've been ridiculed I feel I have no option but to show my full face in true context.

Farrell's claim in a thread associated with this 20-week "after" photo that it was taken at one (1) year following surgery is not the case as I understand that he was informed by Dr Woods that it was in fact taken at only 20 weeks following my surgery.

I presented these photos to Farrel Mane via Dr Woods (as I do again with these latest ones) in the above context with the expressed aim and intention of helping others in a similar situation as myself.

I went to Dr Woods as I believed that with my degree of baldness and lack of adequate donor site I had no other option available to me apart from shaving or close cutting and as I had tried that I was ready for a change in image.

At first, Dr Woods was reluctant to accept me as a patient however, I persisted and on my second visit, he accepted my challenge to give it a go. Dr Woods made it clear that I was never going to have a full head of thick hair given my NW 7 condition however; his intention would be to frame my face and to give me a thin veneer of hair at the front.

In this context the attached "after" photos are therefore a "work-in-progress" of which I am proud and happy.

Having seen my 20-week "after" photo and the associated comments on Farrel Mane's site, I feel that the way in which it was presented is a severe case of abuse and misuse of trust and privilege and I am outraged and extremely disappointed that my photo(s) were not shown in their true context as was the whole point of this exercise.

It is my understanding that Farrel Mane was in possession of the entire facts and the before photos however, chose not to provide them and thereby allowing further negative comments about me to continue. If Farrell Mane had made public the entire true facts at his disposal including my "before" photo there would be no issue.

I gave Dr Ray Woods and Dr Angela Campbell my full permission to use any of my photos and my story in any way that will assist others in a similar situation as myself. Paul V PS. These after photos that I've posted today are taken after 24 months and approx. 5 haircuts.

Paul V

PS. These after photos that I've posted today are taken after 24 months and approx. 5 haircuts"

Reply Quote Top Bottom Next Previous Edit

[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

LATEST HAIR LOSS NEWS [bACK TO TOP]

-Dutasteride Phase 3 hair loss trials cancelled again

-Body

Friday, August 08, 2003 10:24 PM

"My name is Paul V and my "before" and recent "after" photos can be found at

http://www.hairsite8.com/htdocs/woods/paulv.htm

I was a NW 7 and I saw Dr Ray Woods and Dr Angela Campbell in May 2001 and had three procedures comprising a total of 1500 grafts (ie. 3 procedures of 500 grafts each).

At twenty (20) weeks after my surgery I visited Dr Woods at his beach-house clinic during which a series of "after" photos were taken of me in the presence of his New York attorney. Dr Woods asked me if he could use my "before" and "after" photos, and history, and present them to Farrell Mane. I agreed in good faith as it was my understanding that Farrell would use these photos in an honest and true context ??“ that is:

1. I was a NW 7

2. The "after" photos were taken at only approx. 20 weeks following my surgery

3. The total number of grafts was only 1500

It is my understanding that Farrell was made totally aware of these facts.

I have recently seen my 20-week "after" photo on Farrel Mane's website and feel greatly dismayed, angered and disgusted at the way in which it was presented.

The "before" photo and the above context was not presented and the way in which comment was invited and negative feedback not discouraged, I feel has left me exposed to open ridicule by the global public.

The photo presented on Farrel Mane's website also shows enough of my upper face to enable recognition by the people who know me. Because I've been ridiculed I feel I have no option but to show my full face in true context.

Farrell's claim in a thread associated with this 20-week "after" photo that it was taken at one (1) year following surgery is not the case as I understand that he was informed by Dr Woods that it was in fact taken at only 20 weeks following my surgery.

I presented these photos to Farrel Mane via Dr Woods (as I do again with these latest ones) in the above context with the expressed aim and intention of helping others in a similar situation as myself.

I went to Dr Woods as I believed that with my degree of baldness and lack of adequate donor site I had no other option available to me apart from shaving or close cutting and as I had tried that I was ready for a change in image.

At first, Dr Woods was reluctant to accept me as a patient however, I persisted and on my second visit, he accepted my challenge to give it a go. Dr Woods made it clear that I was never going to have a full head of thick hair given my NW 7 condition however; his intention would be to frame my face and to give me a thin veneer of hair at the front.

In this context the attached "after" photos are therefore a "work-in-progress" of which I am proud and happy.

Having seen my 20-week "after" photo and the associated comments on Farrel Mane's site, I feel that the way in which it was presented is a severe case of abuse and misuse of trust and privilege and I am outraged and extremely disappointed that my photo(s) were not shown in their true context as was the whole point of this exercise.

It is my understanding that Farrel Mane was in possession of the entire facts and the before photos however, chose not to provide them and thereby allowing further negative comments about me to continue. If Farrell Mane had made public the entire true facts at his disposal including my "before" photo there would be no issue.

I gave Dr Ray Woods and Dr Angela Campbell my full permission to use any of my photos and my story in any way that will assist others in a similar situation as myself. Paul V PS. These after photos that I've posted today are taken after 24 months and approx. 5 haircuts.

Paul V

PS. These after photos that I've posted today are taken after 24 months and approx. 5 haircuts"

Reply Quote Top Bottom Next Previous Edit

[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

LATEST HAIR LOSS NEWS [bACK TO TOP]

-Dutasteride Phase 3 hair loss trials cancelled again

-Body