August is "Hair Loss Awareness Month"

Robert_

I apologize for being so late on the draw on this, but I wanted to put out that August is the official "Hair Loss Awareness Month" according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). This is the fourth year that the association has recognized the plight of Americans' hair loss in this manner. Some interesting facts:

- 30 million women -or one in four - experience hereditary hair loss.

- Male and female hair loss can be inherited from both the mother's and father's sides of a person's family tree. This is despite the common misconception that it only stems from the mother's side of the family.

- Hair loss affects all ethnicities.

So in light of the ADA's recognition of hair loss awareness, you may ask yourself "What does this mean to me?" I don't think that we all have to go out and hug a bald guy, but I feel that the more recognition that this dilemma receives, the better. Personally, I am ecstatic that the industry is getting more and more recognition and thus, more credibility. In the years to come, will it not be nice for a hair loss sufferer to simply pop a true "cure-all" prescription drug that makes it obsolete?

With the advancements being made in hair multiplication techniques, the dream of an unlimited donor supply to be grafted into the recipient area looks obtainable. Every one of us has heard that it is predicted to be available to the public in ten years or so. I find this extremely exciting.

The present, however, is the time to arm ourselves with knowledge. The more we learn from, share with, and discuss our ideas with one another, the greater strides we can achieve. As Pat says in the forum's introduction, if we put our collective bald heads together, we can help each other find solutions.

I wish to thank everyone that posts a question, remark, or answer on the forum. Questions, as well as comments and answers, contribute to the expansion of knowledge for us all.

Also, remember that many questions about hair loss and many solutions can be found here.

Respectfully,

-Robert

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I apologize for being so late on the draw on this, but I wanted to put out that August is the official "Hair Loss Awareness Month" according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). This is the fourth year that the association has recognized the plight of Americans' hair loss in this manner. Some interesting facts:

- 30 million women -or one in four - experience hereditary hair loss.

- Male and female hair loss can be inherited from both the mother's and father's sides of a person's family tree. This is despite the common misconception that it only stems from the mother's side of the family.

- Hair loss affects all ethnicities.

So in light of the ADA's recognition of hair loss awareness, you may ask yourself "What does this mean to me?" I don't think that we all have to go out and hug a bald guy, but I feel that the more recognition that this dilemma receives, the better. Personally, I am ecstatic that the industry is getting more and more recognition and thus, more credibility. In the years to come, will it not be nice for a hair loss sufferer to simply pop a true "cure-all" prescription drug that makes it obsolete?

With the advancements being made in hair multiplication techniques, the dream of an unlimited donor supply to be grafted into the recipient area looks obtainable. Every one of us has heard that it is predicted to be available to the public in ten years or so. I find this extremely exciting.

The present, however, is the time to arm ourselves with knowledge. The more we learn from, share with, and discuss our ideas with one another, the greater strides we can achieve. As Pat says in the forum's introduction, if we put our collective bald heads together, we can help each other find solutions.

I wish to thank everyone that posts a question, remark, or answer on the forum. Questions, as well as comments and answers, contribute to the expansion of knowledge for us all.

Also, remember that many questions about hair loss and many solutions can be found here.

Respectfully,

-Robert

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog