Anybody have work done on the crown

charlieb

Hi all,

Finally Im going to have work done by Dr Molton in Australia. A 30cm strip.

I have mainly the crown area balding a Norwood 4 class. Was wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences. I did a search on 'crown' however cannot find any similar posts. It seems most posts i can find are of frontal balding

thanks

Hi all,

Finally Im going to have work done by Dr Molton in Australia. A 30cm strip.

I have mainly the crown area balding a Norwood 4 class. Was wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences. I did a search on 'crown' however cannot find any similar posts. It seems most posts i can find are of frontal balding

thanks

Be careful, crown work can be problematic.

First of all, grafting into a bald crown could potentially use up a guy's entire donor supply. You need to leave enough in the donor supply to do a good job on the front, when the time comes.

Also, the variable angles and density of the crown are somewhat tricky. Make sure you picked a world-class doctor or don't do it. Many guys do not have enough donor hair to do the front AND the crown. The front is considered top priority. For that reason, many doctors have less experience grafting in the crown.

I have never heard of your doctor (I don't live in Australia). Does he use ONLY Follicular Unit Micrografts that were dissected under a microscope? Microscopes can increase graft yield from your donor strip by a reported 20 to 30 percent. Translation: clinics that do not use binocular (stereo) microscopes to dissect grafts may be throwing some of your precious donor supply in the garbage. ASK your clinic if they use stereomicroscopes, and not simply "jeweler's loops".'

Good article here that explains it concisely:Best Hair Transplant

Thanks for the advice Arfy....Im going to do the procedure in 3 days am excited.

After alot of research the procedure is called MFT Microscopic Follicular Tranplant which I guess is the procedure one should aim for. I didnt ask them however what type of microscope they use however believe it would only be the best equipment.

Do you know how many grafts I can expect from about 25cm - 30 cm strip? Also I read your link and it says a follicur graft is a bunch of hairs...when one talks about 1 graft does it mean one bunch of these hairs and now 1 hair !!! thanks.

ps. I really have a phobia about losing hair from my crown so I feel this is a big priorty for me...if I need work done on the front hopefully I will not need so much.