Looking to get HT in next few weeks- Need Advice

Hello All

I am a 32 years old male and has been loosing hair in crown area since I was 21. I already had two HT ( 900FUs and 1800 FUs) done by Dr. Shagufta Khan of ILHT little over 2.5 years ago. I think Dr. Khan did an OK ( not great) job because she did not give me the density that I was looking for the first time around, She gave me a hair line but FUs/Sqcm were so low that it seemed like having lot of bald spots. So, I had to go back and get a second HT done from her and luckily she agreed to compensate me for her mistake. Anyway, My hair used to look good until late last year when I stopped taking propecia because I was worried about my sperm count. Now, I am at a point of diminishing hairline. I also seemed to have lost some density on the upper scalp. I have started taking propecia once again but feel that I may need to get yet another HT done to get some density in hairline area and some on the top portion of the scalp. I have read several posts on this site and it seems Dr. Scott Alexander may be a best fit for me as I live in NM and can easily drive up to Phoenix to get a HT. However, I do have some questions on which I would love to have your feedback and suggestions

1)How much does Dr. Alexander charge per FUs . I think I need around ~2000 FUs

2)Since I want to increase my hair density , Is there any risk of lossing exisiting hair in the region due to shock as incisions may cut blood supply to existing hair.

3)What percentage of your back scalp can be used as donor area without having to compromise on anything else such as skin elasticity. I have this weird feeling that removing a third donor strip may cause skin tension in my neck and scalp....is this something that I even need to worry about ?

4)Any pointers on what to watch out for when going through a revision/second HT procedure

5)Any good place to stay when getting HT from Dr. Alexander...

Thanks in advance for all your help

-Kevin

Hello All

I am a 32 years old male and has been loosing hair in crown area since I was 21. I already had two HT ( 900FUs and 1800 FUs) done by Dr. Shagufta Khan of ILHT little over 2.5 years ago. I think Dr. Khan did an OK ( not great) job because she did not give me the density that I was looking for the first time around, She gave me a hair line but FUs/Sqcm were so low that it seemed like having lot of bald spots. So, I had to go back and get a second HT done from her and luckily she agreed to compensate me for her mistake. Anyway, My hair used to look good until late last year when I stopped taking propecia because I was worried about my sperm count. Now, I am at a point of diminishing hairline. I also seemed to have lost some density on the upper scalp. I have started taking propecia once again but feel that I may need to get yet another HT done to get some density in hairline area and some on the top portion of the scalp. I have read several posts on this site and it seems Dr. Scott Alexander may be a best fit for me as I live in NM and can easily drive up to Phoenix to get a HT. However, I do have some questions on which I would love to have your feedback and suggestions

1)How much does Dr. Alexander charge per FUs . I think I need around ~2000 FUs

2)Since I want to increase my hair density , Is there any risk of lossing exisiting hair in the region due to shock as incisions may cut blood supply to existing hair.

3)What percentage of your back scalp can be used as donor area without having to compromise on anything else such as skin elasticity. I have this weird feeling that removing a third donor strip may cause skin tension in my neck and scalp....is this something that I even need to worry about ?

4)Any pointers on what to watch out for when going through a revision/second HT procedure

5)Any good place to stay when getting HT from Dr. Alexander...

Thanks in advance for all your help

-Kevin

I had a HT with Dr. Alexander last year and he charges 4 dollars a graft, so estimate about 8000 for 2000 grafts. AS far as losing existing hair I was in the same boat had some hair in the frontal area and he thickened it up tremendously by dense packing the front. I had some shock loss for the first two months but then everything grew back just fine. As far as scalp elasticity that usually comes back after a years time, I had a HT last June and am going in again at end of this month for another HT, and the doc said my elasticity is fine. As far as places to stay you can contact his office and check out his website because I think he will put you up at one of the best hotels in Phoenix for a couple of nights. You can check out my blog for some pics from my last procedure with Dr. Alexander. I think he is a great guy who really cares about what he does and takes a lot of time to make sure he does the best job he can do. If you have any other questions about him feel free to PM me