Newswire: Peter Mac will be joining DHI

Peter Mac

Hello everyone.

Today, I am making my most significant post since I first posted in the hair transplant forums one year go this month.

I have made a landmark decision to join the DHI team.

I'm sure many of you will have many questions concerning my decision. To answer your questions, I have written what I perceive will be Frequently Asked Questions. My answers should answer most of your questions. If not, please feel free to respond and I will answer each question to the best of my ability.

Why did Peter Mac decide to join DHI?

Over the past few weeks several of you have encouraged me to work in the hair transplant field. I've received many compliments that I would be an excellent graft technician and medical researcher because I have a passion for perfection and I am obsessed with hair transplants. I received a private E-mail where someone told me he'd rather have me perform his transplant than 90% of the doctors in the industry--and I've never placed a single graft.

Another poster told me on the forums: "With your passion, I too wouldn't mind having you on my HT team. I might not be where I am today."

Sometimes I believe the Cosmos are trying to give us advice. I had voices coming from all over the world telling me what I should be doing and I am grateful for all of the praise.

Like many of you, DHI noticed I am extremely dedicated to the hair transplant industry and will use my passion and knowledge to offer the highest quality transplant possible for every patient. While visiting DHI in June, I became convinced that DHI was willing to make the investment and has the commitment to become a world leader in hair restoration. For many months I've wanted to conduct experiments and research methods to improve hair transplants. In my office or at home without any medical tools it simply wasn't feasible to do that. As such, I've decided to listen to everyone's recommendation to work in this field and I've joined the DHI team.

Any research discoveries and improvements we discover at DHI will be fully published and documented. I believe in full disclosure--putting a patient's best interest first, no matter what it takes. DHI is fully committed to that philosophy as well which is one of the reasons I decided to join them. I am excited to have the opportunity to have access to a fully equipped research facility to be a part of improving the industry.

When does the position begin?

My position officially begins November 1st. I will be spending the next week making all necessary arrangements to allow me to dedicate myself full time to this exciting opportunity. If you don't see me on the forums as much as you're used to for the next few days, it's only because I have a lot of things to do to get ready. However, rest assured, I will continue to be fully available to answer everyone's questions and participate in the forums once I begin my assignment with DHI.

Where will Peter Mac be living?

I will be staying primarily in Athens and visiting the DHI offices in Athens, London, and Paris. I will also be visiting other leading hair transplant surgeons to learn their techniques and innovations. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of you already on my road trips. I hope to be able to meet many more of you in my travels. If I happen to be coming to your area feel free to let me know and we can arrange a meeting.

What will be Peter Mac's job be at DHI?

DHI has offered me a position in their research and development and quality control departments. I will help design and conduct research experiments. I will spend many hours observing and documenting surgery to ensure every procedure meets DHI's high quality standards. I will also participate every day in the forums just like I do today and be available to answer any questions you have concerning DHI's procedures and methods or any hair transplant methods in general. I will be available to respond to all of your e-mails and answer phone calls for any of you that need to communicate with me.

How will Peter Mac participate in the forums now that he is no longer a forum moderator?

I have immensely enjoyed my time working for HLH as a field reporter and forum moderator, but since I will be working for DHI, I will no longer be serving in this capacity. However, I will still be participating in the forums every day, just like always, and answering questions anyone has for me. I hope I have been able to improve your knowledge of hair transplants and the industry in general and help you to ask better questions. Stepping down as forum moderator is not going to change that. In fact, by having access to a fully equipped, state of the art research lab I will have the ability to design and conduct experiments with the DHI physicians to help improve the quality of transplants everywhere. I will even ask for your feedback on the experiments DHI will be conducting. I believe I will be able to offer even better advice and better answers to questions now that I will be working full time in a hair restoration clinic. I will post detailed reports and photos of all studies DHI is working on on a regular basis.

Can I visit you in Athens to watch you work or have you be a part of my hair transplant procedure at DHI?

Absolutely. DHI is open for inspection to everyone. I would be honored to be a part of your surgery or show you around Athens. Please bear in mind I am not a doctor--but who knows, maybe someday Therefore, I will not be able to do any part of the procedure which requires a physician. However, I do intend to improve my medical knowledge and training every day to be of more value to everyone.

What do you plan to do with your body hair studies?

Many of you have read about my body hair transplant study plans. I appreciate all of the interest.

I plan to conduct all of my BHT studies at DHI. I plan to have several thousand body hair grafts transplanted at DHI. I am going to make myself a research experiment to enable us to find the best methods to work with body hair and fully study the growth cycles and other concerns with body hair use today such as scarring and texture matching.

The next year will truly be an exciting one in the hair restoration industry and I think a new era is beginning.

-------------------------

Disclaimer - Effective 11/1/03 I will begin working for DHI.

Any opinions that I have posted do not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of DHI. I am not a physician or an expert.

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

Hello everyone.

Today, I am making my most significant post since I first posted in the hair transplant forums one year go this month.

I have made a landmark decision to join the DHI team.

I'm sure many of you will have many questions concerning my decision. To answer your questions, I have written what I perceive will be Frequently Asked Questions. My answers should answer most of your questions. If not, please feel free to respond and I will answer each question to the best of my ability.

Why did Peter Mac decide to join DHI?

Over the past few weeks several of you have encouraged me to work in the hair transplant field. I've received many compliments that I would be an excellent graft technician and medical researcher because I have a passion for perfection and I am obsessed with hair transplants. I received a private E-mail where someone told me he'd rather have me perform his transplant than 90% of the doctors in the industry--and I've never placed a single graft.

Another poster told me on the forums: "With your passion, I too wouldn't mind having you on my HT team. I might not be where I am today."

Sometimes I believe the Cosmos are trying to give us advice. I had voices coming from all over the world telling me what I should be doing and I am grateful for all of the praise.

Like many of you, DHI noticed I am extremely dedicated to the hair transplant industry and will use my passion and knowledge to offer the highest quality transplant possible for every patient. While visiting DHI in June, I became convinced that DHI was willing to make the investment and has the commitment to become a world leader in hair restoration. For many months I've wanted to conduct experiments and research methods to improve hair transplants. In my office or at home without any medical tools it simply wasn't feasible to do that. As such, I've decided to listen to everyone's recommendation to work in this field and I've joined the DHI team.

Any research discoveries and improvements we discover at DHI will be fully published and documented. I believe in full disclosure--putting a patient's best interest first, no matter what it takes. DHI is fully committed to that philosophy as well which is one of the reasons I decided to join them. I am excited to have the opportunity to have access to a fully equipped research facility to be a part of improving the industry.

When does the position begin?

My position officially begins November 1st. I will be spending the next week making all necessary arrangements to allow me to dedicate myself full time to this exciting opportunity. If you don't see me on the forums as much as you're used to for the next few days, it's only because I have a lot of things to do to get ready. However, rest assured, I will continue to be fully available to answer everyone's questions and participate in the forums once I begin my assignment with DHI.

Where will Peter Mac be living?

I will be staying primarily in Athens and visiting the DHI offices in Athens, London, and Paris. I will also be visiting other leading hair transplant surgeons to learn their techniques and innovations. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of you already on my road trips. I hope to be able to meet many more of you in my travels. If I happen to be coming to your area feel free to let me know and we can arrange a meeting.

What will be Peter Mac's job be at DHI?

DHI has offered me a position in their research and development and quality control departments. I will help design and conduct research experiments. I will spend many hours observing and documenting surgery to ensure every procedure meets DHI's high quality standards. I will also participate every day in the forums just like I do today and be available to answer any questions you have concerning DHI's procedures and methods or any hair transplant methods in general. I will be available to respond to all of your e-mails and answer phone calls for any of you that need to communicate with me.

How will Peter Mac participate in the forums now that he is no longer a forum moderator?

I have immensely enjoyed my time working for HLH as a field reporter and forum moderator, but since I will be working for DHI, I will no longer be serving in this capacity. However, I will still be participating in the forums every day, just like always, and answering questions anyone has for me. I hope I have been able to improve your knowledge of hair transplants and the industry in general and help you to ask better questions. Stepping down as forum moderator is not going to change that. In fact, by having access to a fully equipped, state of the art research lab I will have the ability to design and conduct experiments with the DHI physicians to help improve the quality of transplants everywhere. I will even ask for your feedback on the experiments DHI will be conducting. I believe I will be able to offer even better advice and better answers to questions now that I will be working full time in a hair restoration clinic. I will post detailed reports and photos of all studies DHI is working on on a regular basis.

Can I visit you in Athens to watch you work or have you be a part of my hair transplant procedure at DHI?

Absolutely. DHI is open for inspection to everyone. I would be honored to be a part of your surgery or show you around Athens. Please bear in mind I am not a doctor--but who knows, maybe someday Therefore, I will not be able to do any part of the procedure which requires a physician. However, I do intend to improve my medical knowledge and training every day to be of more value to everyone.

What do you plan to do with your body hair studies?

Many of you have read about my body hair transplant study plans. I appreciate all of the interest.

I plan to conduct all of my BHT studies at DHI. I plan to have several thousand body hair grafts transplanted at DHI. I am going to make myself a research experiment to enable us to find the best methods to work with body hair and fully study the growth cycles and other concerns with body hair use today such as scarring and texture matching.

The next year will truly be an exciting one in the hair restoration industry and I think a new era is beginning.

-------------------------

Disclaimer - Effective 11/1/03 I will begin working for DHI.

Any opinions that I have posted do not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of DHI. I am not a physician or an expert.

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.