Dr. Tessler

shadows

FUE is where they move single grafts one-by-one. I don't think Dr. Tessler does that yet, he uses the donor strip method.

You probably mean FU not FUE. No big deal, I'm just trying to avoid confusion. It's hard to keep the acronyms sorted out, sometimes, for me too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from the Detroit area as well. Have you checked out MHR in Troy? I was on the verge of going there, but then I found out about this site, and I've seen a lot of negative comments about MHR. I have not yet consulted with Dr. Tessler, but my concern off the bat is that he is not registered with the American Board of Hair Restoration. Dr. Shapiro is registered, so it's surprising that he would recommend Tessler.

Membership in the ABHRS is not a guarantee of quality, and not being an ABHRS member is not necessarily a bad sign.

In other words, belonging to the ABHRS doesn't mean a whole lot either way. The ABHRS has some good doctors, as well as some doctors I would stay away from.

I don't know too much about Dr. Tessler, but I wouldn't pay any attention to whether he has an ABHRS membership. It doesn't mean a thing when it comes to getting good results.