Purpella on Genetics

I really don't have any strength or hope for myself right now because I am going through some really hard times that have been getting worse each day. I can share my knolowge and understanding though.

As for androgenetic allopecia in women, I can see two distinct types. (I am not an expert, just some observations)

The genitics and characteristics explaining these differences for AGA in women are:

Type I: Hetrozygous for the hair loss gene

(one bad copy & one good copy)

Type II: Homozygous for the hair loss gene

(two bad copies & no good copies)

Type I I discribe as hair loss in menapausal women, slight thinning mid age women, and TG women either with a receeded hair line OR a bald spot with thinning.They are the lucky ones. Typical solution is to add estrogens and to reduce androgens. Also, Rogaine helps. This is at an almost 100% recovery rate. From 3 months to 2 years regrowth is usually complete.

I believe that I have Type II or as I called it in my time of studing this stuff , "the double allele problem". There is the same probability(rare) of a man getting this type. Unfortunately, I think that Jenn may have this issue as well(from what she has said so far). But she is young and there is much hope for her. I dont want to depress her anymore that she has been - just want to fix the problem, whatever it takes. I am sure Jenn feels the same way. This problem in women looks like a much harsher version of AGA with a quick onset and its start early on in life. There is a resistance to drugs and tolerance developes. This type usually damages hair lines. This can wipe out a man's hair totally before he is 22 years old. It appears that there is twice the DHT recepters causing the person to be extreemly sensitive to DHT.

The solution to Type II AGA is of a much more disiplined nature and with harsher measures. I believe a zero tolerance policy for DHT is a good goal. Usually HT in time will be needed along with the fight.

My fight began very young and agressive with a result of mearly maintence. Currently I have about 5/8th of my origional hair(would have been higher if it wasn't for my HT gone bad). I believe without all my effort, I would have been completely bald at an earily age.

Medically before Surgically:

A minimum of 2 yrs on antiandrogens & HRT consistantly should be completed before any HT surgery because of the possibility of permant damage to the still living folicules.

Purpella

PS Please answer my question if anyone knows: Help!! Rare Problem posted in Post your questions for Hair Transplant Surgeons here!

I really don't have any strength or hope for myself right now because I am going through some really hard times that have been getting worse each day. I can share my knolowge and understanding though.

As for androgenetic allopecia in women, I can see two distinct types. (I am not an expert, just some observations)

The genitics and characteristics explaining these differences for AGA in women are:

Type I: Hetrozygous for the hair loss gene

(one bad copy & one good copy)

Type II: Homozygous for the hair loss gene

(two bad copies & no good copies)

Type I I discribe as hair loss in menapausal women, slight thinning mid age women, and TG women either with a receeded hair line OR a bald spot with thinning.They are the lucky ones. Typical solution is to add estrogens and to reduce androgens. Also, Rogaine helps. This is at an almost 100% recovery rate. From 3 months to 2 years regrowth is usually complete.

I believe that I have Type II or as I called it in my time of studing this stuff , "the double allele problem". There is the same probability(rare) of a man getting this type. Unfortunately, I think that Jenn may have this issue as well(from what she has said so far). But she is young and there is much hope for her. I dont want to depress her anymore that she has been - just want to fix the problem, whatever it takes. I am sure Jenn feels the same way. This problem in women looks like a much harsher version of AGA with a quick onset and its start early on in life. There is a resistance to drugs and tolerance developes. This type usually damages hair lines. This can wipe out a man's hair totally before he is 22 years old. It appears that there is twice the DHT recepters causing the person to be extreemly sensitive to DHT.

The solution to Type II AGA is of a much more disiplined nature and with harsher measures. I believe a zero tolerance policy for DHT is a good goal. Usually HT in time will be needed along with the fight.

My fight began very young and agressive with a result of mearly maintence. Currently I have about 5/8th of my origional hair(would have been higher if it wasn't for my HT gone bad). I believe without all my effort, I would have been completely bald at an earily age.

Medically before Surgically:

A minimum of 2 yrs on antiandrogens & HRT consistantly should be completed before any HT surgery because of the possibility of permant damage to the still living folicules.

Purpella

PS Please answer my question if anyone knows: Help!! Rare Problem posted in Post your questions for Hair Transplant Surgeons here!