Hair Follicle Cloning

Hi guys,

I know there is a lot of hype about hair follicle cloning about when it could become available and it's potential etc, because of it's 'unlimited' donar area.

My question is: Assuming that hair follicle cloning did commercially become available in the future, and money was no object for the patient involved:

Would it be possible to restore the full head of hair of the patient? That includes the entire 'desired' area, as well as the density of the hairs... or would it still have it's limitations?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I know there is a lot of hype about hair follicle cloning about when it could become available and it's potential etc, because of it's 'unlimited' donar area.

My question is: Assuming that hair follicle cloning did commercially become available in the future, and money was no object for the patient involved:

Would it be possible to restore the full head of hair of the patient? That includes the entire 'desired' area, as well as the density of the hairs... or would it still have it's limitations?

Thanks!

outhere , Right now our limitations is our donor area, it can only produce so much. If hair multiplicating (or cloning) becomes available it will be in a endless supply. So yes in theory you should be able to restore a full head of hair and very dense. Also you wont have a donor scar. I may be mistaken but I believe this is the goal.

• Administrators

There are two major groups that are seriously working on developing commercially viable hair multiplication ??“ Intercytex based in the UK and Aderans Institute in the US.

Currently they have been able to duplicate hair follicles on a small scale. However, controlling the direction of the hair growth is still a real issue.

Many believe that when hair multiplication first becomes available in perhaps seven to ten years that it will be used as "filler hair" along with conventionally transplanted hair.

Therefore regular hair transplants would be used to establish the hairline and other areas, while the areas in between would be injected with cells that would then grow into hair bearing follicles.

I think when this time comes it will be a wind fall for patients who have done hair transplants but want to increase their hair density.

The site, clone my hair at http://clonemyhair.com does have some interesting info for those who want to do further research.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.