Questions about wait period between transplants and FUE (Plus free bonus question if you act now)

Joe HT

What's a good timeframe between surgeries, and is of what importance is it to wait?

The doctor I went to won't do a second procedure for at least 4 months, preferably longer. (I had the strip surgery)

Do any doctors do quicker followups, or is this not healthy/pracical?

Another question...anyone get FUE HT's done?

I think I'm going to go this route in the future. Any drawbacks? It looks ideal to me, as I'm not interested in overdoing the strip surgery and making the donor area that much more obvious.

The only downside to FUE, I'm guessing, maybe after a strip surgery, the overall thinning that FUE would bring on may make the donor scar a bit more visible with shorter hair.

One more question, regarding shedding. I had quite a few hairs fall out withing a couple days of surgery, but now am waiting for that 2-8 week timeframe. Is shedding a noticeable amount of hair due to shock guaranteed or just possible/likely?

What's a good timeframe between surgeries, and is of what importance is it to wait?

The doctor I went to won't do a second procedure for at least 4 months, preferably longer. (I had the strip surgery)

Do any doctors do quicker followups, or is this not healthy/pracical?

Another question...anyone get FUE HT's done?

I think I'm going to go this route in the future. Any drawbacks? It looks ideal to me, as I'm not interested in overdoing the strip surgery and making the donor area that much more obvious.

The only downside to FUE, I'm guessing, maybe after a strip surgery, the overall thinning that FUE would bring on may make the donor scar a bit more visible with shorter hair.

One more question, regarding shedding. I had quite a few hairs fall out withing a couple days of surgery, but now am waiting for that 2-8 week timeframe. Is shedding a noticeable amount of hair due to shock guaranteed or just possible/likely?

Hey Joe HT. I think its a good idea to wait 6-9 months at least between transplants for strip, but with FUE it can be a much shorter time frame between procedures.

But it also depends on if you had your whole head covered, or just a certain section. If you have them spread out over your head, then regardless of either procedure its best to wait a while.

In your case from the top view of your head it looks as though the hitzig clinic did alot of work on the hairline and "spread them out" big time around the rest of your head. So you might be able to get fue done soon in the middle of your head.

I myself did my research for a good 6-8 months then had "all fue" work done with Dr. Woods & i think the FUE procedure is the best way to go for minimal risk / maximum reward ratio. Im a little over 3 months post op and the growth is starting to kick in.

Some guys dont think strip scars are a big deal,

But if you scan the top 10 - 20 threads right now here on htn, at least half or more of the topics are guys discussing or complaining about their strip scars, tightness in the scalp, massive shock loss even in the donor area, cant even sleep at night. So go figure...

If you are on Long Island, Dr Feller is a pretty good HT doctor in your neighborhood who also has said he has made great progress in FUE and his confidence seems to have gone up with his FUE procedures.

So he might be a close by Doc to check out.

Thanks, Dr Feller was actually who I had in mind for my next consultation.

I didn't take into account just how costly FUE is at the moment, but if I can swing it, it may very well be worth it.

I was expecting to have to have finer "coverage" and hairline transplants done after my initial HT, so FUE and Feller are looking like the way to go. I may consider one more strip surgery, though, due to cost, and not being a wuss like these other guys (jk).

Joe, your strip scar really needs to completely heal if you are going to get another strip procedure. This is because the doctor would more than likely cut along the existing scar to avoid giving you two of them.

You probably could have FUE work done right now if you wanted to. I have heard of people having 2 procedures close together. Right now the doctor can see where the recent grafts were put in. During the lull period (after 1 month and for about 3 to 4 months), it's hard to tell so it's best to not have work done.

You are close to Dr. Jones in Canada. Have you checked out Bverotti's posts? He's one of the FUE pioneers and speaks highly of his recent FUE experience.