grafts doing ok????

First, i apologize for not having pics this time especially. I took 4-5 but they did not come out anywhere near clear enough to even consider using.

I only had my phone camera.

heres my concern. Took a shower today, had HT on monday, march 19, so its been a solid 5 days. Left side temple looks good, very little redness, mos scabbing gone, just coming along nicely. Right side temple... scary. I am seeing about 6-7 grafts that after the shower looked thick and white, meaty kinda... are these grafts backing out? icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

There are also maybe 2-3 similar ones in the very front. I cant contact the doc until monday. I am nearly freaking out. I dont know the status of the grafts placed more inside my native hair up top, i can say that the feel large/scabby, but i attribute that to them being mixed in and not exposed to as much when i run water over my head the past 5 days. therefore still scabbed a bit more.

But the white stuff... this is really bothering me. Am I right to be concerned? I totally realize that without a pic its impossible to say anything for sure, but ahs anyone else seen similar white coverings on graft hairs shortly after surgery and before the scabbing is fully gone? I can see where it could be nothing, and i could see where this could be a problem. The part worrying me the most is, its only a handful of grafts that it is happening on, and none on the left side, all on the right side.

I hope someone will have something to say on this one. I know u need pics. Believe me, they are utterly useless, just blurry and unidentifiable.

Thanks so much for your help here.

First, i apologize for not having pics this time especially. I took 4-5 but they did not come out anywhere near clear enough to even consider using.

I only had my phone camera.

heres my concern. Took a shower today, had HT on monday, march 19, so its been a solid 5 days. Left side temple looks good, very little redness, mos scabbing gone, just coming along nicely. Right side temple... scary. I am seeing about 6-7 grafts that after the shower looked thick and white, meaty kinda... are these grafts backing out? icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

There are also maybe 2-3 similar ones in the very front. I cant contact the doc until monday. I am nearly freaking out. I dont know the status of the grafts placed more inside my native hair up top, i can say that the feel large/scabby, but i attribute that to them being mixed in and not exposed to as much when i run water over my head the past 5 days. therefore still scabbed a bit more.

But the white stuff... this is really bothering me. Am I right to be concerned? I totally realize that without a pic its impossible to say anything for sure, but ahs anyone else seen similar white coverings on graft hairs shortly after surgery and before the scabbing is fully gone? I can see where it could be nothing, and i could see where this could be a problem. The part worrying me the most is, its only a handful of grafts that it is happening on, and none on the left side, all on the right side.

I hope someone will have something to say on this one. I know u need pics. Believe me, they are utterly useless, just blurry and unidentifiable.

Thanks so much for your help here.

It is hard to tell from the pic but I think you might be ok. I just had surgery on 20 March and this is what happened to me: after my shower yesterday, there were a couple of 2 and 3 hair grafts that had this white coating covering most of the actual hair. I was like "wtf, is that a graft coming out?" It seriously scared the crap out of me. But, after letting it dry, it was a VERY thin whitish coating that ended up kind of peeling off the hair. My wife (an ER trauma nurse) said it was most likely just excess oil and "goop" from the healing incision. The hairs are still there so I'm just going to assume she's right.

newhairguy,

I don't believe there is anything to worry about from your description. Most likely the white stuff you are seeing is dry skin or scabs turning white from washing. Honestly, it's a sign of healing, so not only is it not a bad thing...but it's a good thing. Just be gentle with the grafts, don't massage them too hard and you will be fine. Follow your post op instructions. But for your own peace of mind, follow up with your doctor on Monday.

Cheers.

Bill

Thanks Bill. The positive feedback I am getting is REALLY encouraging. Of course i will still go in on monday, if only because that will be one week and I want his opinion at that point, on the whole deal.

I am still confused why it would be so localized... the white things only being on the right temple area and a tiny bit i the center hairline. But I will sleep a bit easier with all your input... thanks to all! icon_smile.gif

Hi Guys

I think your problem is due to keeping the grafts wet for too long ( but normal). I remember Dr. Dorin or True telling me something like this BUT you should check with your doc to confirm. just had my surgery on Tuesday and all is well. Just looking for little hairs to pop up . haha

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

newhairguy,

Are most of the scabs gone on the left side? Perhaps that's why. The right side may still contain more scabs (perhaps it was more densely packed?) for some reason which is why they are turning white...again, part of the healing process especially when you are keeping them wet a lot. Keep us posted on what your doctor has to say.

Mrjb,

Waiting for growth already? That's funny! You know the drill my veteran friend icon_wink.gif.

Bill

havent gotten my head wet sinceyesterday. The changes happen fast up there... i know I am healing pretty quick. But i still worry about WHAT is healing... looking forward to my visit tomorrow. I do suspect all is good now. But a couple lil areas still worry me... then again I know i am prone to worry, especially right now! Critical time...

Thanks again! I'll keep ya posted.