Post-HT Questions Grab-Bag

I just recently had my first HT done a couple of weeks ago- will post about the experience in another thread. I've got the blog started, will try to get the photo album going tonite.

I have assorted random questions post HT that I havent seen here yet:

When is it ok to color one's hair again? I've got too much of the salt and not enough pepper showing now.

I elected to have the recipent area shaved to make it easier for the HT doc- But am now left with a Ebenezer Scrooge look- want to "buzz cut (?) the sides- ala GI Jane- so Ebenezer can retire! When is is safe to go get a haircut? and how short can i go? (I keep seeing references to a #2 cut).

I see a lot of posts on here about pre and post HT treatments and regimens- I took nothing prior to my Ht, but am curious now as to what i can take, post HT to facilitate and stimulate growth of the transplanted grafts. I've seen many on here: Emu oil, Rogaine foam, Proscar,fin, msm, Revita, etc. How does one pick and choose? I'm wanting to aviod Rogaine if I can- and am hoping one of the above-mentioned or something other might help facilitate happy follicle growth!

thanks for any helpful/useful input!

I just recently had my first HT done a couple of weeks ago- will post about the experience in another thread. I've got the blog started, will try to get the photo album going tonite.

I have assorted random questions post HT that I havent seen here yet:

When is it ok to color one's hair again? I've got too much of the salt and not enough pepper showing now.

I elected to have the recipent area shaved to make it easier for the HT doc- But am now left with a Ebenezer Scrooge look- want to "buzz cut (?) the sides- ala GI Jane- so Ebenezer can retire! When is is safe to go get a haircut? and how short can i go? (I keep seeing references to a #2 cut).

I see a lot of posts on here about pre and post HT treatments and regimens- I took nothing prior to my Ht, but am curious now as to what i can take, post HT to facilitate and stimulate growth of the transplanted grafts. I've seen many on here: Emu oil, Rogaine foam, Proscar,fin, msm, Revita, etc. How does one pick and choose? I'm wanting to aviod Rogaine if I can- and am hoping one of the above-mentioned or something other might help facilitate happy follicle growth!

thanks for any helpful/useful input!

If you aren't on any of the aforementioned I would rank the following in order of efficacy/importance in getting on to help your hair growth: Proscar/Fin....Rogaine 5% Foam.....Revita....MSM....throw in a vitamin E supplement, perhaps.

If you avoid rogaine, you can certaintly still achieve positive results; however, you are, of course, lowering your ceiling....propecia and rogaine are also known to have a synergistic effect with one another.

Bottom line, don't get overwhelmed, stick to the basics and the proven stuff.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks, P40, I got the melon shaved this Sat- Ebenezer is now "retired"! U thought you got yours cut short with a #2...1 1/2 for me!

Ahh, but withthe new buzz has come a new problem- it's a friggin winter wonderland up there! When is it safe to color or dye the hair after an HT?

I still haven't decided on post-HT treatments yet...still researching and will probably be askin more questions on here about that.