When you comb your hair, do hairs come out?

I have 7500 grafts in my head, most recently from this past March, and everything is grown in.

When I comb my hair, every time one or two hairs appear in my comb. They do not have the full "rice" root attached, but just a "pin head" sized "white" root. In other words, it does not look like a full 100% piece of hair that was cut from the barber, but it is not a full "rice root and all" type of hair, but just the tiniest pin head of a root at the end of the hair.

Just wondering, does this qualify as a graft that will not regrow, or do you think the "cells" in my scalp from a possible "root residue" will enable that hair to grow again?

What do you think?

I have 7500 grafts in my head, most recently from this past March, and everything is grown in.

When I comb my hair, every time one or two hairs appear in my comb. They do not have the full "rice" root attached, but just a "pin head" sized "white" root. In other words, it does not look like a full 100% piece of hair that was cut from the barber, but it is not a full "rice root and all" type of hair, but just the tiniest pin head of a root at the end of the hair.

Just wondering, does this qualify as a graft that will not regrow, or do you think the "cells" in my scalp from a possible "root residue" will enable that hair to grow again?

What do you think?

Dear Eastcostht,

It sounds like normal shedding to me, especially if it's just a few hairs. This is normal behavior of a hair follicule following its anagen, telogen, catagen phases. Now if you were experiencing massive fallout, that probably would be an entirely different issue. My opinion based on the information you provided is that you are probably just fine. Keep us updated should anything change. Best wishes to you. icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY