Do You Have To Shave Your Head?

Hello,

I'm pursuing an FUE procedure to build up my hairline and wanted to know if it is absolutely necessary to shave the rest of your head, or can the doc do it with your full head of hair?

Professionally I just cannot have my head shaved.

I'm hoping that the doc can do it without shaving.

Thoughts/Advice?

Thank You

Some absolutely require it, others do not. Some are in between. During my procedure, Dr. Shapiro shaved the main crown area being worked on but agreed to leave a 10-15 FU/CM2 area that I could sort of comb over. He did mention how it would be difficult to work in an area that is above 30 FU/CM2 such as diffuse thinners without shaving. This makes sense because of the higher possibility of transection and finding the right places to put the grafts in.

I'm sure there are others but I don't think Dr. Arocha in Houston ever shaves.

Originally posted by Jjarden:

Hello,

I'm pursuing an FUE procedure to build up my hairline and wanted to know if it is absolutely necessary to shave the rest of your head, or can the doc do it with your full head of hair?

Professionally I just cannot have my head shaved.

I'm hoping that the doc can do it without shaving.

Thoughts/Advice?

Thank You

I had a frontal third FUE with Umar 5 weeks ago (2600 grafts). I had temple recession on both sides. He shaved the receeding parts and he shaved the donar area.

My hair is fairly long (4-5 inches) so the hair he did not shave fell over the donor area in the back and covered it almost completely, except for the nape. In the front, if I comb it forward (which is usually how I style it anyway) it almost covers the shaved receeded areas. In fact, with a little hat head, I can mask the procedure completely. But of course, its not like I am beautiful with hat head, lol.