Hair Transplant gone VERY BAD by Dr from Bangalore-

ak26

Prasad,

Although we don't see pt's pictures at 23, the doctor did the correct thing in recommending this pt begin medical therapy and return at 26 to confirm his future pattern. It is imperative that a patient show his future hair loss pattern before a doctor considers a HT surgery. So if the patient's hairline is receding and a doctor gives him a HT and then pt aggressively loses mid/crown areas and doesn't have any donor left to cover rest, what favor did this doctor do to this pt??? Now the pt is in a pickle....he looks weird with some hair in his frontal hairline...bald the rest of his head...and not much more to work with.....

One big problem this industry has are "trigger happy" doctors that only want to collect your money and put a young man...with no set pattern...in the chair to collect their money. I know many patients want their hair back TOMORROW...but it doesn't work that way and in many cases, especially with young patients, it's not to their benefit to jump the gun and get a HT too young. Remember, our donor area is our inventory...and a limited one!!! By using therapy as long as we can, we are conserving and utilizing our inventory as best as possible in order to come out the other end successfully.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am planning for HT, could you send me your latest pic how you look now after your HT done. I am just curious to know how the results are.

Thanks

Kiran

========================================================

All of us should remember one important thing about HT.. No hair transplant will make you look perfectly natural. hairs will and do fall - transplant or no transplant.its nature's rule. I had 3 consultations before i underwent transplant by Dr Venkatram Mysore. One when i was 23. He then told me to not have it and try medicines. the next time i met him was when i turned 26. he told me this time that i have lost enough hair already. hence it was okay to have HT. Now if he wanted he could have just done it 3 years prior.. Money is money, isn't it? He has done an excellent job in my case and i owe all the compliment i have got to his ability. I have accepted that you can never have the perfect looking scalp post HT. but since i grew my hair, never has anyone come close to finding it to be unnatural!

The problem is that there are chances that HT may not satisfy your expectation, which is why you should discuss in detail!

And the bigger the donor area, you may have some small scars. but that's depending on your skin tone and skin area in the scalp - definitely not due to Dr Mysore!

Finally, even now i get courtesy calls from Dr Venkatram Mysore to come and review him! he takes keen interest in my progress and which is why i highly recommend him!!

Anyone interested to see my results can mail me and i will be more than glad to allay any anxiety after showing you my results