Telogen Effluvium and Heavy Drinking

Hey all,

I've been balding for a while now and currently on propecia for 6 months. While the medicine seems to be working I've been shedding like crazy. Many people i've talked to taking the drug have mentioned going through a short shedding period, lasting a few weeks. Unfortunetly, i've been shedding heavily for 6 months now! The dermatologist said I had telogen effluvium. It is a condition that is often caused by emotional or physical stress. The problem is, I don't have any recognizable emotional stress in my life right now. I've been tested for thyroid conditions but everything came out normal. The only stress i can think of is heavy drinking. I'm a college kid and have a tendecny to binge drink at least 2 times a week. I was wondering if this could be the cause of my shedding? If anyone has any info PLEASE help. Im desperate to stop losing hairs. Thanks!

ANkur

Hey all,

I've been balding for a while now and currently on propecia for 6 months. While the medicine seems to be working I've been shedding like crazy. Many people i've talked to taking the drug have mentioned going through a short shedding period, lasting a few weeks. Unfortunetly, i've been shedding heavily for 6 months now! The dermatologist said I had telogen effluvium. It is a condition that is often caused by emotional or physical stress. The problem is, I don't have any recognizable emotional stress in my life right now. I've been tested for thyroid conditions but everything came out normal. The only stress i can think of is heavy drinking. I'm a college kid and have a tendecny to binge drink at least 2 times a week. I was wondering if this could be the cause of my shedding? If anyone has any info PLEASE help. Im desperate to stop losing hairs. Thanks!

ANkur