Thailand and California HT Docs

steve Scott

I found this site a few weeks ago. I wish I'd found it before I had my transplant, but live and learn. I was in Thailand (during the tsunami, but no problem) and I had a consultation at Bumrungrad Hospital with a D.Pathomvanich MD. He sounded pretty professional. He does FU, and the price was $2400 for 2000 grafts. When I got back to U.S. I checked prices with Dr. Sword here in California, and to make a long story short, he had a cancellation one day and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. There are mixed reviews about him on this forum, but I have to say I had a good experience. I had a session with him 9 years ago and was pretty happy, except I had hoped for more hair. It's been 6 weeks since my recent procedure, so I'm in the waiting stage right now and wanted to share my experience after all the great help I've gotten here. I may have my next procedure done in Bangkok next year.

I found this site a few weeks ago. I wish I'd found it before I had my transplant, but live and learn. I was in Thailand (during the tsunami, but no problem) and I had a consultation at Bumrungrad Hospital with a D.Pathomvanich MD. He sounded pretty professional. He does FU, and the price was $2400 for 2000 grafts. When I got back to U.S. I checked prices with Dr. Sword here in California, and to make a long story short, he had a cancellation one day and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. There are mixed reviews about him on this forum, but I have to say I had a good experience. I had a session with him 9 years ago and was pretty happy, except I had hoped for more hair. It's been 6 weeks since my recent procedure, so I'm in the waiting stage right now and wanted to share my experience after all the great help I've gotten here. I may have my next procedure done in Bangkok next year.

"I had a session with him 9 years ago and was pretty happy, except I had hoped for more hair. It's been 6 weeks, so I'm in the waiting stage right now and wanted to share my experience after all the great help I've gotten here. I may have my next procedure done in Bangkok next year."

I'm confused..

well, 9 years ago is hard to compare anything to these days. But you must have been happy with what you received from the first, to go back a second time....

Do you have any photo's of the work you can share?

Good luck and keep us updated!

Yes, I was happy with him, although after reading some of the posts on this forum, I wonder if I might have gotten better results elsewhere. I certainly have no complaints about my procedure though.

I'm afraid I do not have any pics. I'll take some when the hair grows in. Right now there is nothing to see.